Lydia is still loving having a little sister. She talks to her and plays with her and tries to give her toys. When Anna cries she always goes running to her and tries to help her by saying "it's ok Anna" and giving her a blanket or something. This morning Lydia wanted to burp Anna. She said "Anna, my yap. Pat her. Her burp". After I let her burp her that is all she wanted to do the rest of the morning. So we had to learn that Anna doesn't need to burp when she is sleeping. :) I can't believe how much Lydia is talking now. It is so fun because I can have conversations with her now...conversations that make sense, haha. ;) :) This morning I said "hold on a minute" to her and she responded by saying "I holding". It made me laugh. Just last week she started using "ing" on the end of words which I think is really cool. She probably doesn't think about it, just like we don't think about it, but she is learning about using proper English. Sometimes the things she says really make me feel good. Like when I give her something at meal time or a toy when we are playing and she says "tank you, mama". She says it in the sweetest little voice...just melts my heart. She started saying thank you for Anna too, like when I start to nurse her Lydia says "tank you, Mama, Anna". Something else she just started a day or two ago is calling for me when she wakes up from naps. She used to just talk and play until I came to get her. Now when she wakes up she says "Mommy. Mama. Mommy. Mommy" She says it nicely in a sing song voice- not like yelling for me- it's very cute.
Over the weekend Jake built the girls (well, Lydia) a swing set. It isn't anything fancy but we didn't figure we needed anything fancy just to swing on. :) He did a good job and Lydia likes having her "own park" as she calls it.
Here are some pictures:
Lydia prefers the 'big girl' swing but I have to hold onto her because if she sees something exciting she just lets go of the chains to point at it.





No comments:
Post a Comment