Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tot School
Letter J
Lydia Joy - 2 years 5 months

The letter J was another one that I had a hard time finding good words for.  I came up with jellyfish, jet and Jesus. It coincided nicely with Christmas though since we were able to talk about the birth of Jesus.  I was going to get out of flannel graph and do a cool lesson with that about the Christmas story....but I didn't get around to it.  I AM going to do it this week though as we approach our Clough Family Christmas on Saturday. 
So, on Monday we talked about J for Jesus. I did a terrible job of picture taking this week so I only have pictures from a few days.  Along with talking about J we also worked on Lydia's Christmas card she was supposed to color for Masters Club. It was for a contest but since she's the youngest and doesn't really color I didn't submit if for judging. ;) 
On Tuesday we did J for jellyfish. I found a jellyfish worksheet so Lydia worked on that while I prepared our craft materials.  I wasn't paying attention to what she was doing for a few minutes.  When I looked over to see how she was coming along this is what I saw:

 She traced the lower case Js almost perfectly!  I was proud.  I made a big deal about it and she was pretty excited.  I know she CAN do very well with writing but 99.9% of the time she just scribbles instead.  I'm not worried...she's two... :)

I found a craft idea to use a coffee filter to make a jellyfish but I didn't have a filter so I improvised. It came out pretty nicely, but I have to admit that I made it myself except for some coloring on his body.  While I worked on the jellyfish Lydia cut little scraps of paper and glued them to another paper. This is an activity that she LOVES! 
 Lydia holding up our jellyfish. 
 On Wednesday I was planning to make paper airplanes for J for jet, but quickly discovered that I am terrible at making paper airplanes.  A friend loaned us a book on how to fold them so we tried again on Friday also. I did manage to make one that sorta flew...in a twisty, spirally, crashing sort of way.  There are no pictures of that. :0)

One day Lydia wanted to read to Anna.  I think this will be a wonderful way for them both to learn as the get older...reading to each other:

Our two little girls enjoying each other...what could be more precious: 

We went to library on Thursday morning.  Lydia didn't really listen to the story but she had a fun time with the craft. We didn't get to bring them home because the glue needed to dry but I'll try to remember to take a picture of it when we get it next week.  

And we'll end the post with Anna...whenever Jake would leave the room she'd crawl (scoot) after him saying "daDA, daDA", but of course she didn't do it when I got the camera out.  But it's cute footage anyway: 





No comments: