Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tot School 
Week #15
The Letter N
Lydia Joy ~ 2 years 6 months 

The letter N doesn't have very many good words!  I'm finding that there are quite a few letters that don't have good words for craft ideas for a two year old! But we managed to come up with 'numbers' and 'nest' and 'nodosaur' this week.  The 'nodosaur', apparently, is a dinosaur. I never would have known that but one day Lydia wanted to make a dinosaur so I looked them up and found a color page for 'nodosaur'- great, a N word!  I didn't take a picture of it though.  I actually didn't take any pictures during the week so I had to have Lydia hold up her other two projects before Masters Club on Friday evening. But then Saturday was a busy day (Katie came to visit!) so I didn't get around to posting about our N week until today (Tuesday)!   Lydia also didn't feel well on Saturday and has been 'off' since then, and Anna is teething, so I've been feeling a bit, um, stretched thin? lately. 
ANYWAY....
For the word 'numbers' we made this very cool ice cream cone.  I had seen this project a while back and thought it was neat.  This provided a good opportunity to do it and I'm glad we did!  Lydia seems to enjoy numbers more than letters lately so she had fun with this one.  She can count to 10, both just reciting and counting objects, so I think we will add numbers 11-20 onto this also.  I'm just not sure where we'll hang it when it is longer! :)
Our number's ice cream cone:

We also made a nest. I couldn't find a good project for nest so I just printed a picture of some birds then cut paper into strips and we built a nest with them using brown paint as our 'glue'. 
Another day Lydia was just playing with some marker and said "I drew Daddy!".  And she did!  Well, yes, you have to use your imagination, but it looks like Daddy to me! ;)   Notice he has hair, lots of eyes, a mouth and ears kinda low on his face there...  :) 
It actually started when I asked her if she could write the letter O, which she did and then it became Daddy's head.  So that picture should have gone on next week's post, but that's ok. :)

1 comment:

Jessica Curtis said...

Love the icecream cone and the nest! Cute!