Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I am, once again, late on my weekly post.  Better late than never though!
Last week was the letter U in 'school'.  Lydia is 2 years, 8 months and Anna is 11 months 1 week.

We did a U for umbrella and made a very cute little guy holding an umbrella.  For some reason I don't have a picture of him, but his name (per Lydia) was Sam.
The next day we did U for universe: 



Then we played with some games that were given to us by a lady at church.  They are really old games- like from the '30s I think- but they are neat and both the girls had fun with them. 



One of the games is a matching game with faces. There are three sections- hair/hats, eyes/nose, mouths.  You can match them up in any combination to make silly faces.  Lydia enjoyed doing that for a little while. 


But then somehow it turned into a wrestling match.  They were having fun together but something my mom always used to say kept going through my head..."It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt".  Fortunately on this occasion it didn't end with tears from either party. 



Since we finally have had some relatively warm days- by warm I mean high 30s, low 40s- we went outside to take pictures in the snow.  
I parked the girls in their sleds and said 'smile!'.  Lydia tried to look up at me and said "I can't smile, Mom. The sun is too bright for smiling."  Which was a rather accurate statement.  So I got their sunglasses for them. 

Anna very much enjoys being outside regardless of the fact that she can't really move in her snowsuit.  She actually goes in the mudroom and points to her snowsuit now and grunts- which I can only guess means she wants to go out. :) 


I dug a hole in the snow down to grass to see how deep it was.  Lydia liked being in the hole.  It was a little over 2 feet deep. 


Anna got all tuckered out from the outdoor excursion.  I don't know how she was comfy sleeping like that.


Do you see the little hole inside the bigger one?  It's really hard to see.  It's a six inch hole that Jake dug about 10 feet down.  He and Rick then put a PVC pipe into that hole as a casing for the wellpoint to go down rather than having to pound it down the whole way. They still had to hammer it down the rest of the way to the water but it saved some wear and tear on both the pipe and the men driving it.  Also under the hole are two well points and several sections of pipe that are lost, most likely, forever. I am SO thankful that we have water again now and that we've learned so many valuable lessons about what not to do when driving a well point. :) 


This is Lydia watching "Monkey George".  She loves Curious George.  Now she also loves Little Bear.  We borrowed him from the library last week.  I like him because each show is only about 15 minutes long so it's easy to limit her TV time that way.   Anna still has no interest in TV, which is perfectly fine with me.  As soon as the weather starts cooperating a little better we'll be able to go outside anyway! :) :) 



Coloring with Daddy. :) 


Lydia got this workbook out of her coloring box.  She asked me what do do with these pages.  I showed her the first one- to match the white cup to the other white cup by drawing a line between them.  I went back to making lunch.  A few minutes later I checked on her and she had both pages done....correctly.   :) 

Two little girls playing.  It's funny to have two little people running around now.  Whenever someone walks up to me I always assume it's Lydia but now I'm re-adjusting to the fact that it can also be Anna Baby. 


Nana and Fafa came for lunch on Saturday.  To say that Lydia was excited is an understatement.  When she saw them in the driveway she ran around like a little manic yelling "I'm excited, I'm excited!".  When I put her down for her nap she said "I want to do that again when Nana comes next week."   It's been nice to be able to have them over quite a few weekends in the past few months. I'm looking forward to warmer weather so we can spend some time at the farms in the evenings too!  
Nana playing playdoh:


Anna loves the big green ball:


She's getting so big!  Not really in stature, at least compared to Lydia, she seems so little still.  But she is becoming quite the little person here lately.  She's so funny!  I think she has a fairly out-going personality. She loves to make us laugh then grins and laughs because she knows she is funny.  She and Lydia are really starting to interact a lot now.  It's SO fun.  On the way home from church both Sunday morning and evening they laughed and squealed at each other- the WHOLE way home.  It was getting rather loud, but it was fun to hear them having fun together.  :) 


And I'll leave you with a video....


No comments: