Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

For the record, I threw up last night. 7 weeks and 4 days. And again this morning. We'll see how long this stage lasts. The good part is that for some reason I slept great last night. Up until now I haven't been able to sleep. I guess my body traded being sick for being able to sleep. Thats good. :) Sorta. ;)
Lydia is her same cute, wonderful self these days. She is learning about potty-ing! Two days ago she did her sign for potty (which is actually the sign for diaper). I asked her if she needed to go potty, she said 'yup' and headed to the bathroom. So I sat her on and after a few minutes she did indeed do a poo poo in the potty. Wow, was I ever proud of her!! She didn't really seem to understand what she did until I took her off and showed her the poo poo. Then she smiled really big and waved to it. Silly girl. It hasn't happen since then, but that's ok...she is only 13 months old. :) I'm still taking her to the potty 2-3 times every day. We read stories and hang out for a while. Usually nothing happens but when it does we get excited. I also always put her poopies in the potty so she can see where they are supposed to go. That sounds kinda gross, but I think that helps a lot in her being able to learn what the potty is for.
Lydia did her very first crayon drawing yesterday. I've been giving her crayons and paper for a few weeks, not very often, maybe once or twice a week. She never really knew what to do with them until yesterday. She scribbled away and had a good old time. :) She'll know how to write her name in no time!!! (haha)
From the time she learned how to walk until the last few days (about a month) she wouldn't sit still for very long at a time. She just wanted to go go go go go. I guess the newness and excitement of walking is wearing off now. I am glad because she will sit to learn things again now. I was getting worried that I'd never be able to teach her anything else because she wouldn't sit still! She sits to listen to stories really well. She will bring me a book then sit down beside me and wait for me to read it to her. She LOVES books. Last Sunday Michelle took her down to nursery during Sunday school because she was tired and getting fussy. They sat her at the table with the 2-4 year old Sunday school class. They said she sat there and listened better than some of the 2-4 year olds!! So, now she is going to be going to Sunday school! We are going to give it a try this week (I'm not going to go with her, she is going to go down with the class) and see how she does. If she is a distraction to the other kids then I'm not going to allow her to continue to go until she can sit for the whole time. But the teachers think that she will do just fine, so we'll give it a go. I'm proud of my baby girl being big enough for Sunday school already. :)
And, speaking of my baby girl and of potties and such....I must go, its time for our morning potty sitting. :)

No comments: