We're back in Vermont!! I have to say it is really nice to be home! As much as I enjoy time with family in PA there is nothing like being home again. We were in PA for 18 days I think, which is the longest we've ever visited for. I think maybe we'll limit our visits to 10 days or so from now on. Most of my feelings probably come from the fact that Lydia was sick for a whole week that we were there so we were unable to get out and visit anyone or really do much of anything except stay around the house so that didn't make for a very fun vacation. I was very upset about not being able to visit with Matthew, Missy and MaCayla nor my Grandparents either except for a few times. I certainly didn't want to spread the nasty cold that Lydia had though so I know we made the best choice in keeping her away from others but it was hard. The hardest part for me was (and still is) the fact that she got the cold from church nursery (not our church) and that the mother of the child with the cold came to church the next service talking about how sick her kid was that weekend. I don't mind so much that Lydia had a cold...kids get colds, that's normal and even good for them to an extent...but that she got it because of someone's irresponsibility and inconsideration of others really bothers me. I know it is hard to miss church (I hate it when I have to stay home) but bringing your child into nursery when he/she is obviously ill is just dumb. I don't have any hard feelings towards anyone in particular about it....just the situation in general bothers me. I don't think Lydia getting a cold would have bothered me either if it hadn't pretty much ruined our vacation. But, enough said about that...I'm trying to get over it. ;) Lydia did start getting over the cold just before Thanksgiving day and we were able to spend that day with family so that was good. Thanksgiving was a lot different this year than what I remember. I can't even remember the last time I was with my family for Thanksgiving but I think I must have been fairly young (like, in college maybe?). But in my memories of Thanksgiving and Easter (they were always at the same location) I was little and running around having fun. This year I wasn't the one running around...it was Lydia running around and four other little ones too (although they aren't all running yet). I guess that means I'm growing up. :) It was still fun though, just not the same kind of fun as I remember.
We did manage to take two little trips while we were there. One afternoon Jake and I went over to Gettysburg and drove on the auto tour road thing for a while while Grammy and Grandbuddy watched Lydia. We didn't get out at many places, but it was fun to get out for a few hours. Then we all went down to Harpers Ferry one afternoon too and walked around for a few hours. It was a spur of the moment kinda trip so we didn't have a lot of time there but I definitely want to go back sometime! It is a really neat place to visit!! :)
So, other than all of that it was a pretty uneventful vacation. It was really nice to be back in our own church today! Lydia had a little bit of a hard time with me leaving her in nursery this morning (another reason I think we were away too long) and was ready to start bawling when we walked in this evening but I was one of the workers so she just clung to me until she realized I was staying. Even when she finally let me put her down she didn't run around and play with the other kids too much but I think it helped her to start to re-adjust since I was there to encourage her. Hopefully it doesn't take her too long to get comfortable there again. She did remember Monica and wanted her to hold her this evening after the service so that's good! :) She certainly didn't want me out of her sight though. If I started to walk away from her at all she'd say "mom mom" and hold her arms out to me. I guess it makes me feel pretty good to k now my little girl loves me and feels secure with me. :) :)
I guess I better head to bed...tomorrow we're on our own again, me and Peanut and Lydia and Baby Two. :) We have another checkup on Two tomorrow afternoon so I'll probably post about that tomorrow or Tuesday. :)





1 comment:
nice blog... i will back
Post a Comment