Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Two's 23 week checkup was Monday. It was about the quickest doctors appt I've ever had. They were *almost* on time, only about 20 minutes behind! I talked with an intern for a few minutes then the doctor checked Two's heartbeat and measured me, said everything was perfectly normal and went on her way. Sometimes I wonder how necessary all these OB appts are, but if something was to go wrong I certainly would be thankful for being checked on every four weeks. Our next appt is the end of December, I'll do my glucose test and get my rogam shot after that appt then pretty soon after that we'll be starting our every two week appts. I think it is crazy that we only have 16 and a half weeks left till Two is due! This pregnancy has gone so fast (so far!). :) I'm looking forward to meeting our new little one! :) :) I have started calling her by her name now, even though we aren't 100% sure she is a girl. So, Two is now Anna Grace. If 'she' happens to be a boy I'm sure he'll get over it and acclimate to his own name just fine. :) I did ask the dr about getting a second ultrasound since the other doc didn't show up for our first one but she was doubtful it would happen. I'm sure if I made a big fuss about it I could have gotten it but I'm not the type to make a big fuss. ;) I'm thinking about getting out some of those cute little baby clothes here pretty soon...maybe next week. I'm still hesitant to get out pink but I can still get out the yellows and greens and such. :) Little Anna is getting pretty big I think. She can kick my ribs now...such a lovely feeling. ;) She's not as active as she was earlier on though so my worries of having a hyper active child are calming. She does move around quite a bit still so I know she is happy in there. :)
Lydia is doing really well too. The last two days she has really been into playing pretend with her food and pots and pans. She'll set her little table and sit down to 'eat'. Yesterday she sat all her hamburgers out and sat down, closed her eyes and said a few 'words' then said "amen!". Apparently praying before meals is having an impact on her. :) Even though she doesn't really understand the concept of being thankful to God for things yet I am very happy that she is on the right track towards being a thankful little person. I know I am very thankful for my sweet little girl. I couldn't have asked for anything more.
She is also saying quite a few new words lately. She says 'ni nite', 'bu bye', 'uh oh', 'mom mom'...and others I can't think of. She is putting together two or three words also like 'i drop it' and 'i do that'. Her words are becoming more in context of what is going on around here also. Like the other day she wanted to swing in the blanket, which is something only Jake does with her. I told her she'd have to wait for Daddy to get home from work to do that. She then walked around the house saying "daaa da? da daaa?" It was very cute. I am having such fun watching her grow up and learn things!
We've been working on the potty quite a bit more lately...I should say *I* am working on the potty, Lydia does not seem to want to work on the potty. ;) She is beginning to understand what it is for and does go in it sometimes but I think we're a pretty long way from total success. We're going to keep working on it though with hopes that she'll warm up to it and hopefully be trained by the time she's 2. That's my goal...we'll see. :)
One other pretty neat piece of news...Jake got a nice monetary bonus this past week at work. It was based on his performance so it says a lot for the quality of his work. He always strives to do a good job with whatever he is doing...one of his best qualities. I'm proud to have a husband who has integrity. Good job, honey! :)

No comments: