This morning we took Lydia to Dartmouth to the pediatric cardiologist. They called yesterday and said they had a cancellation so they could fit us in. I was so glad to get the appt out of the way so now we don't have to worry about going down there close to when Baby is due or after she's born. The appt went pretty well. They put a cuff on each of Lydia's arms and legs, which squeezed pretty hard- her arms turned redish/purple! Lydia was not a big fan of that but other than a little minor crying she was ok. Jake fed her goldfish, that helped lots! :) The EKG only lasted about 30 seconds I think...it took more time to put the stickers on her and attach the wires than for the actual test! She didn't mind that at all, she was interested in having stickers all over her. :) I'm wondering if she'll remember and try to do it here now. :) They also weighed and measured her- she was 29.8 pounds and 34 1/4 inches (she grew a whole inch in the last month!). So, a nurse did all the tests then we waited a few minutes for the doctor to come talk to us. He came in and listened to her heart and poked and prodded a little, asked some questions, then told us she was just fine. He said her heart murmur is innocent and she will most likely out grow it...exactly what we thought, but it was good to know for sure. All in all I think we were on the road there and back longer than we were at the hospital!! I was impressed with the children's hospital section there though- very nice, kid friendly and nice staff. We saw only 3 or 4 other kids while we were there. Most of them had obvious health problems which made me feel so thankful that we have a healthy little girl and that we don't have to spend a lot of time in doctors offices and hospitals. So, that was our morning today. I'm so glad that Jake could take off work and go along! He and Lydia are playing now while we wait for lunch time then it'll be nap time.
I don't think I've posted since we had our last appt for Baby Anna either. It was the routine prenatal checkup- listen to the heart, measure, didn't have any questions. The good news was that Baby is head down so it seems we won't have to worry about this one being breech (unless she changes her mind!). We're on our every two week visits now so we go back Feb 4th. Only 9 more weeks till our due date!!!!
In other news...my parents should be on their way back from Cambodia right now. They left last night (our time) and should be back in York, PA really early tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to them being home so we can Skype again. Lydia has been asking for "buddy" every day since they left! She talks on her toy phone to Buddy all the time but sometimes she'll say "Buddy.....nooooooooo" like he isn't there anymore. She'll be happy when she can talk to him again for real. :) ....and Grammy too, I think "Buddy" is a word for both of them right now.
I think that's it!





No comments:
Post a Comment