Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

And I thought a whole week was a long time between posts!  It's been almost a month now. But I have a good excuse since we were in PA most of the month.  While it was very nice to be with family I am very happy to be home again. :)  I regret that I don't have a lot of pictures to add to my post about the time we were in PA because we put them on a disc from my parent's computer and for some reason my computer won't open them. :(  Most of the good ones made it to facebook before we got home though so there is only a handful that I don't have access to.  So, if you want to see pictures you'll have to visit this LINK to facebook.
I'll try to spare the details so this post doesn't end up being pages long.  :)
So, our first part of our trip to PA was to my parent's hunting camp in Potter County.  We spent Thursday-Tuesday there, along with my brother, his wife and their daughter and my parents.  It was really fun to watch Lydia play with MaCayla. Anna didn't really get into the playing very much but next year she will!  It was great to be able to relax and spend time with family.  Lydia had a blast running around and playing with everyone.  She even got to sleep in a 'real' bed while we were there- her first experience out of a crib. 
After Potter we headed down to Dover and spent Wednesday through Saturday there with my parents.  On Sunday morning Jake flew out to Texas to a work training seminar for the week while the girls and I stayed with my folks.  We had a good time being able to visit with family and friends but it wasn't the same without Jake there.  He got back on Friday night and we were all very happy to see him!!  We spent Saturday with my family then headed back here on Sunday.   Both the girls did great on the drives, no crying or anything! 
The only thing of note that happened with the girls while we were gone was with Anna. I introduced a new solid to her- banana.  It did not go well.  She got very sick and threw up about six times.  As soon as she got it out of her belly she was fine again.  But it was scary- she was limp and really pale. :(  She has eaten squash now without a problem and I'm going to introduce sweet potatoes next.  She really does not like eating solids though so I thought maybe she'd like those better because they are sweeter. Maybe she just takes after her Mommy and likes sweet things. ;)  But other than that episode Anna had a good time visiting and playing.  She seems to love people and gave nice big smiles to everyone so, of course, everyone loved her.  Who doesn't love a smiling baby?  She isn't so sure about other people if they try to hold her sometimes though so she did most of her smiling at others from the arms of those she was familiar with. 
I think we were all very ready to be home again after being away for so long but I think Lydia was more homesick than anyone.  Not necessarily homesick but just ready to be in a comfort zone again.  We were visiting a lot of people that she doesn't know except for seeing pictures and in a lot of places that she was unfamiliar with.  She is pretty shy anyway so it was a little hard on her at times with everyone wanting to talk to her and hug her and kiss her and play with her.  She had NO problems warming up to Mimi and Buddy and did pretty well with Matthew, Missy and MaCayla but she was really reserved around everyone else.  In some ways I think it was really good for her to be around a lot of new people but we did pack a lot into a few weeks.  I wished that everyone would have gotten to see the real Lydia, how she is at home, because she is so fun and enjoyable.  But they'll just have to take my word for it that she isn't grumpy and clingy most of the time. :)  The one thing that she did say that my grandparents found very amusing was at Happy Day.  Happy Day is every Wednesday at my Grandparent's house.  All the family- their 5 girls and any other who want to come- get together.  I can remember going to Happy Day when I was really little and loving it!  Anyway, my cousin was there with her twins.  They got there after we had eaten so they had to go eat after playing for a little while. We were in the living room and the twins were at the table in the dining room. Lydia stopped playing and looked around then said "Where'd the pair go?".  It was funny, mostly because we couldn't figure out how she knew what a pair even was but that she had associated Mason and Madison as a pair. 

In other noteworthyness (hmmm, spell check doesn't think that is a word)... Anna had her half birthday this past week!  I can't believe she is six months old already!  I was planning to do a little photo shoot with her in honor of being six months old but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I will though, this week sometime. :) 

No comments: