Whew! Lack of posting lately, huh? Well, it hasn't even been a whole week yet but I want so badly to keep up with it- especially to keep up with the things the girls are doing.
Lydia is becoming more and more like a kid every day. I know, she is a kid...but she is not a baby any more or even much like a toddler really, she is just a kid now. In some ways I thought seeing her grow out of being a baby would make me sad but it hasn't. I am proud to be helping her grow into a kid...and on into a pre-teen and eventually into an adult. I'm glad that, so far, I don't feel the need to hang onto her being little. My goal, my purpose is to raise her to be an adult who is ready and able to go on into her life making good choices. I'm not in any way ready to even let her out of my sight yet though, lol. Anyway...not sure where that tangent came from...I guess just that I am proud of her making progress in her little life. She is so sweet and really developing a sense of caring about others lately. She'll wrap her little arms around me and say "I yuv Mama!!". Talk about heart melting moments. I just stop and feel those little arms and drink in the words. She also does this to Anna, which is also a heart-stopping moment for me as a Mom. This morning I was getting myself ready for the day and Anna was sitting in her saucer outside the bathroom door. Lydia was running around playing and doing whatever it is she does when I'm not watching her. Then she came back and got on her knees in front of Anna and started talking to her. Anna was just eating it up, watching her and smiling and laughing. Lydia was doing everything she could think of to make Anna laugh and it was working. It would have been so neat to get a video of it but I don't think it is something that can be forced or reproduced. I kept very quiet and just watched them because I didn't want to interrupt their moment. My Mommy heart was just overflowing with love for my sweet little girls. I am blessed.
Anna is just growing and growing. In the past few days she has learned how to blow spit and make bubbles and noise with her lips...not sure really how to describe it. It is very cute. And very messy. I thought she was soaking through bibs fast before this, haha!! She's also gotten the hang of sitting on her own pretty well now. She still falls over sometimes but she does it fairly gracefully and sorta/almost catches herself with her arms. At least, she doesn't just flop over now- she does it slowly. But any time she ends up on her belly it results in a cry of "HELP!!!!!'. She hates being on her belly. She is never going to learn how to roll over....well, maybe when she's 2. :) She was rolling from her back to her side this morning but never went any further, just back to her back again.
We haven't done any more food for her because I'm not convinced she is ready and I don't feel she needs anything but my milk quite yet. She seems to have trouble with her poop- not going very often and it's pretty thick when she does go- so I don't want to give her belly more to deal with right now. We'll get there...slowly.
Oh- we bought the van yesterday and got it registered and inspected today so it is officially ours and ready to go!
Well, one more day in VT and we're headed for PA! I have everything in the mudroom ready to go except for the suitcase with Jake and my clothes in it...that isn't even packed at all yet. I need to do a few loads of laundry before I can even start that. I feel like I'm packing up the whole house. It's crazy how much stuff we have to take when we go on vacation...and I'm trying to pack light!!!!! If we have any more kids we're going to have to put something or someone on the roof! :)
So, my next post is most likely going to be from PA. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment