It's been a little while since I did a post of mundane updates about us, so here goes.
Anna is four months old already (HOW did that happen!?). She's still the happiest baby ever, but all I really have to compare to is Lydia and she wasn't exactly the happiest of babies. Fortunately Lydia is a very happy toddler so I'm not complaining. (and hopefully the opposite doesn't hold true with Anna and she ends up being an unhappy toddler...but I won't borrow trouble). Anyway, back to Anna and her baby update. She is doing a great job sleeping. She only gets up once at night and that is stretching closer and closer to morning now. She's going to bed around 8 and sleeping till 3 or 4 in the morning, gets up to eat for maybe 5 minutes then is back down till 7 or 7:30. Nothing wrong with that! :) She is getting better and better at using her hands. She'll grab toys and pick them up to eat them but certainly has a ways to go until she can really play with something. Lydia often tries to hand her things and she'll try to get them about half the time. Lydia gets pretty excited when Anna does try to get what she is handing her though- it's so fun to watch them interact. Anna's favorite toy is her feet. Any time she can she has her feet in her hands and has even managed to perfect the art of sucking on her toes. She is, unfortunately, loosing her hair. Of course, she has the bald spot on the back of her head from rubbing it but now the sides are getting pretty thin too. She still has some nice curls on top so hopefully she'll keep those. But if her hair is the only thing 'wrong' with her then I have much to be thankful for. :) She is starting to learn about rolling over but is not a big fan of being on her belly so when she does roll from back to belly she just gets upset and I have to rescue her. I don't give her belly time very often at all so she doesn't have opportunity to roll from belly to back. I need to do better about that. She spends quite a bit of her awake time in her saucer. She can stand up on her own in there without leaning against the sides for a little while if I have the stabilizing legs out. She loves to stand up and if you hold her hands will stand herself up from sitting. She is addicted to being swaddled to sleep and doesn't do as well at night if she isn't swaddled. I made a sleep sack out of a blanket in hopes of transitioning her out of being swaddled but after two nights of getting up to hold her arms still and put her "fi" in I gave up on that and am swaddling her again. I'll still use the sack this winter though when she needs to keep blankets on to be warm at night. She loves her "fi" and 99% of the time has it to go to sleep. I'm still debating how long to let her keep it but figure I still have a little while until I really have to worry about taking it from her. Right now I am still thankful that the rare times she does get fussy the "fi" quiets her down and makes her happy. We have her four month appt tomorrow so I'll have her weight/length then.
And about Lydia....
Of course, we've had a lot of updates on her learning with the Tot School posts so I don't need to talk about that. She is a little sponge for learning and it is very fun to teach her and watch her learn. I just love when she comes up with things on her own that I didn't realize she had learned.
She went through about a week of being very trying and not obedient right after she turned two. I was getting scared that I'd never have my sweet little girl back again but then she re-appeared and all is well. I think as she matures we will go through this cycle many times. I am thankful that she is learning to obey and respect authority, starting with her parents. It is also very encouraging to watch her grow in her knowledge of God. When she does something wrong she now tells me that "I make God sad" and says "I pray now". I am glad that she is starting to understand that she has a higher authority than just her parents or teacher or whatever adult she is with. My prayer is that she'll always be in tune with that Authority and make right choices even when she is alone or with others who aren't making good choices when she is older. It is sometimes scary to think of what she will face in the world as she grows but I am so very thankful that Jake and I have given her (and Anna) to the Lord and can trust Him to see them through their lives. As long as we are doing what is right a great burden is lifted in knowing He will take care of them.
poopy diapers! .....sorry for the details, lol.
I believe that is all the blog worthy news about the girls right now. Jake and I don't really have a lot of excitement to share but we did celebrate three years of marriage this past week. I'm so very thankful to be married to such a wonderful man. He is more than I ever could have asked for in a husband and a father. That pretty much sums it up. I love you, Honey!!!!!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment