I have the sweetest two little girls ever! I just needed to say that...in case anyone had doubts. I just love them!
Lydia just started praying on her own, without prompting. It is the CUTEST thing in the world!! My mommy-heart just melts ever single time. This morning at breakfast I prayed quickly because Anna needed me. When I stood up Lydia wouldn't let go of my hand then said "Mommy, pray for Daddy too!!" in the tone of 'I can't believe you forgot to pray for Daddy this morning'.
It just isn't the same without hearing the inflections and the pauses for though but here are some of the things she has prayed for lately (and a few explanations):
"Jesus, thank for my special one tonight now I pick myself. Jesus, Amen."
(She calls her fluoride pill her 'special one' and she gets one every night before bed. She now has to pick it herself out of the container and thinks that is the greatest thing ever.)
"Jesus, thank you for yunch, for food, for my baby Anna, Mommy. For Daddy home safe from work. Jesus, Amen."
"Jesus, for my nap, for Anna sleep for nap too. Jesus, Amen."
"Jesus, please help my owie egg. Help push. Jesus, Amen."
(She'll be so embarrassed if she reads this when she is older, lol. She calls her poop 'eggs' and sometimes has a hard time getting them out so instead of getting upset about it she prays for help.)
"Jesus, thank you for help for egg. Jesus, Amen."
(This morning when she 'layed her egg' she got very excited and said "Jesus helped me!!!!!!!!" then said "Mommy, thank Him!!" but then thanked him herself.)
I am proud that she is learning to look to Jesus for things in her life. Right now the things she prays for seem small and insignificant but in the eyes of a two year old they are big things. I am thankful that she (and I) have a God that we can look to for help and that we can thank for being there when we need Him.
And my sweet little baby Anna. She is still the happiest little one I've ever met. She has been grumpy the past few days with a runny nose (I think she's teething) but still manages to laugh and smile most of the time. She now says "dadadadada" along with some other fun sounds. One not-so-fun sound she has learned is the 'screech'. I tell her not to screech but she thinks its funny. Hopefully she will outgrow it...quickly. ;) She has also realized that she can propel herself...is that the right word, it reminded me of a fish....she can move herself under her own power. Not crawling, but rolling around and spinning and lunging. She lunges very well from sitting to her belly. For not being mobile she is the busiest little girl!! She's constantly grabbing things she shouldn't have, even if I think they are out of her reach. I'm afraid of what is to come when she does figure out how to crawl...maybe I'll tie her down. :-)





No comments:
Post a Comment