Anna Grace
This is a post dedicated to Anna. Most, pretty much all, of my posts lately are about Tot School and therefore about Lydia. Anna is doing lot of post-worthy things too, so here are some things about Anna!
She is seven and a half months old now. I had her at the doctor's last week so I know she is 18 pounds 7 ounces now. We just did a measurement and came up with 27 inches, actually 27.5 but to compensate for error we'll say 27. The reason she was at the doctor last week was five days of sickness. She started a fever on Thursday night and ran it on and off through Monday. She was throwing up and not eating also but the doctor said she was 'fine'. The fact that she was limp and lifeless while we were there didn't seem to concern them. But...I guess doctors know best. We rode it out and she's doing fine now. I was planning to call the doctor Tuesday morning if she wasn't any better but thankfully she started eating again during the night on Monday. We still don't know what was wrong with her. Seeing as none of the rest of us came down with a stomach bug I don't think it was anything contagious but who knows?
Unfortunately Mimi and Buddy were visiting us for the weekend when Anna was sick. Lydia also had a cold during this time so it wasn't the most fun visit we've ever had. We spent most of the time cuddling a sick baby.
Although, I don't think Buddy or Mimi minded the cuddling..at all. :) :)
While it wasn't good that she was sick, it was good to have a chance to cuddle because she does not cuddle when she's feeling good. She doesn't quite get crawling yet, her one leg stays stuck under her. But I'm not complaining. I'm good with knowing the general location of her. She does scoot on her hiney on the smooth floors and rocks back and forth on the carpet to move herself, but it's slow going so I don't have to watch her too carefully....yet. I'm hoping to still have a month or so of non-mobility yet.
The swing between the mudroom and kitchen is getting some good use again. Anna enjoys it. She especially likes it when Lydia pushes her and then 'boos' at her. :)
Since she's been in the round-about toy now she has the concept of one-foot-in-front-of-the-other and will 'walk' around with us holding her arms.
I love how she's starting to look more like a big girl. :)
Anna's latest accomplishment is learning how to pick up small things and put them in her mouth. She doesn't exactly use the pincher grasp. She uses her first finger and the side of her thumb, but it works. she eats cheerios and kixs as well as any fuzz or dirt she can get her hands on.
She's still not a huge fan of baby food but we're plugging away at it. She'll eat almost the equivalent of one jar at a meal if she's into it, but usually it's half a jar. I give a fruit and a veggie every time then she eats cheerios. She very much prefers the cheerios as well as pieces of banana. I've also given her pieces of pasta but she didn't seem to like that. I would give her more textured foods and give up on the baby foods but she hasn't been exposed to many things yet so I don't wan to risk a reaction.
One thing that she is very good at is expressing her opinion. And she is very opinionated. Is this a second-born thing? When she doesn't get her way she screams. It's pretty amazing. The most interesting thing to me is that she won't eat if she's upset, whereas with Lydia that was usually the only thing that calmed her when she was upset. So in that respect I'm thankful for the pacifier! She only has it for bed and car rides...and to calm her down from extreme screaming episodes. Fortunately those episodes only last a few seconds. :) Sometimes I think it'll be better when she can do things on her own and not get so frustrated...but time will tell.
Here's a video of her 'walking':
I love my baby girl. I am enjoying watching her grow and learn. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment