Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tot School
The Letter G
Lydia Joy- 2 years 4 mmonths


Last week was the letter G.  I'm a little late posting about it, but better late than never, right?

The first day we did G for giraffe and made a sock puppet giraffe. I was sure I took some pictures of Lydia painting him but I guess I didn't.  So, no pictures of the sock puppet. He didn't come out as nice as I had hoped he would anyway so that's ok. :)

On Tuesday morning we mixed up a batch of ginger bread cookies dough!  It had to chill for a few hours then right before lunch we cut them out and baked them.  Lydia thought this was really fun.  Then, somehow, she managed to fall off the chair and that was the end of the fun.  I cut out the rest of them and quickly got them in the oven while she sat with her blankey and cried.  Falling off chair right before lunch and nap time...not good. 

But the fun resumed after naps and Daddy was even there to join in the decorating fun!  The first thing I had to do was explain that they weren't for eating, yet. 

  Lydia wanted red and Jake wanted blue frosting so I kept some of it white and we had patriotic ginger bread men.
Lydia managed to sneak in a few bites while I frosted one of her men.
I made the frosting a bit too runny so they didn't come out looking all that pretty. But they were still cute, lots of fun and yummy!
On Wednesday we made a goose.  His feathers are cut out hand prints.  It was a fun craft and Lydia enjoyed walking him around saying "honk, honk". 
On Thursday we went to story time at the library.  I wish I had taken my camera!  We had missed the week before so I didn't know that the fire department was coming!  The firemen talked to us about fire safety and then let the kids wear some of the gear and then sit in the fire truck.  It was really neat. I wasn't sure how Lydia would do with it all but she wasn't too nervous about the new things. She tried on a helmet and sat in the truck.  A few of the other moms (and grandmoms) had cameras and took some pictures so hopefully next week I'll get some of those.  :)

This week we had a tiny bit of snow and got to do a little sledding.  Lydia went down the hill on her own a few times and even brought the sled back up too!  I think she's going to like it when we have enough snow to go down the big hill at the farm. :)

And that was the letter G.  I think I should limit the number of lessons we do that involve cookies though seeing as I have no self control when it comes to a container of cookies sitting on the counter. :) 

No comments: