Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tot School
Letter P
Lydia Joy 
2 years 6 months

Once again I only have one picture from 'school' this week.  Somehow we've just been too busy for school. I wanted to do a P for pig craft but never got around to it.  Lets hope that I have more consistency once we are doing REAL school!!  
We did P for penguin this week.  I don't even have a picture of the finished product, but here it is in the making.  I found a neat dot-to-dot with letters of a penguin.  I drew the lines while Lydia pointed to the next letter telling me where to go next.  She has really gotten the hang of tracing things, like the letters on her papers.  And, true to our re-occurring theme lately, she is starting to be able to write a number of letters on her own...but only when SHE wants to.  Most of the time she scribbles and says "yoot (look), I scribbling Mommy. I not writing.".  Ok. :)  

You'll notice her hair is in braids in the picture. I put 7 little braids in and left them in until after her nap. This is what it looked like when I took them out. I thought it was pretty neat so I tired it again for church on Sunday.  I did 11 braids on Saturday night but it didn't turn out as nicely for some reason. We'll have to keep practicing.  I SO want to know how to do french braids and other cool things like that now that her hair is getting longer!!  I'm going to have to learn! 
 On Wednesday we had quite a bit of snow and Daddy worked from home so we all got to go out and play for a while.  We had fun.
 The accumulation is up to Lydia's waist, but we've gotten probably another 8 inches since then too.  Jake snowblew (snowblowed?) a path to the swingset for us yesterday. :0) 
 Anna is getting pretty stable on her feet here lately.  She walks along things and will sometimes take a few steps between stuff if she needs to.  She much prefers crawling though.  She thought the sunglasses were pretty fun yesterday. 
 Jake brought in the basketball hoop for something different to do. Lydia can dunk now. :) 
 Lydia and I after I did her braids on Saturday evening.
 Anna just being cute playing on Sunday afternoon. 
 And standing up all by herself.  She'll stand for a little while if she's playing and not thinking about it. Once she realizes she isn't holding onto anything she'll sit down or hang on again.  My little girl is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Mom2Five said...

Love the photos! Your girls are so cute! Looking forward to your next trip back home! :)

Have a great week!