We were able to bundle up and go outside for some sliding one evening.
It was getting close to nap time one day and Lydia was laying on the floor with her blanket so I rolled her up. Anna was interested in what was going on.
This girl LOVES her blankey. I can't fault her for it since I had (still have) a favorite blanket when I was little too. Cuddling up with a nice 'friend' IS nice. One night I put her to bed and she said "I need my blankey!" I said "you have blankey" She said "No, I need the edge of it." So I found the edge and gave it to her. She turned it around and said "Not that edge, this one" as she found the corner. Then said "I need it for flapping." I had noticed that when she was tired she would sometimes take the edge and rub it between her fingers or against her face. I found it very cute and amusing that she had given it a name...'flapping'. I wonder how long it will take that spot to get a hole in it.
We only did 'school' one day this past week. It was X week (actually, we should have been done with the alphabet by now but got distracted with stuff going on lately and got behind). We colored an xylophone according to the colors of the one we have. She did a good job of coloring hers the same as ours (every key a different color) and matching the colors without much, if any, help from me. She is really getting particular and better at staying in lines when she colors. ...and we're going through another goofy smile phase apparently, haha. :)
We made a tunnel for her ball to go through. That was fun. We also used our foam letters for a few different games this week. We put them on the floor and jumped on them, calling out their names. And we threw bean bags on and called out which letter it landed on. She recognizes probably 99% of the upper case now. I made a poster board with the lower case now so we can work on those with the same sort of game since she only knows about half of those.
We got another nice day so Lydia and I went out for a little while. Anna had a runny nose that day so she stayed in and watched out the window with Daddy. She took it well for a little while but then I could hear her crying all the way outside. It just wasn't fair to have to watch from inside!
We had gotten a tiny bit more snow and it was finally great snowman snow! We hadn't had any really good snowman snow all winter so we took advantage of it.
Lydia enjoyed putting sticks in him. He had a lot of arms, haha. :)
Our one and only snowman of '10-'11 winter. (he fell over within the hour- shoulda had the engineer to help us)
The next day was even warmer and Anna's nose was no longer runny so we all went out! This was Anna's very first time walking outside!! I put her down and let her go on her own at first but she promptly did a head-plant into the snow so we gave her a helping hand for a while until she found her 'grass feet'.
Lydia rolled down the hill.
Anna giggled and giggled about running around on the grass once she got the hang of it.
I think she is going to have a blast playing outside once it's warm enough that she doesn't have to be bundled up so much that she can't move...and all the snow is gone.
Exploring the plaything.
Swinging.
Along with the warm weather comes inspiration to DO things! Jake's inspiration is to get our master bedroom finished. We've had the materials to do it for years now...we've just been lacking the time for it. So, he's making time and getting the drywall hung. There is still quite a bit of work to get done but maybe we'll be able to move in sometime this year.
Before church Sunday morning (the 10th) we tried to get pictures of the girls in their matching dresses. It's not easy....
Finally I just joined them to get them (mostly Anna) to hold still...
And one with Daddy too....
And that was our week. Another good one. :) :)





1 comment:
Fun! And they look adorable! LOVE their dresses!
Post a Comment