Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I think I missed a week...but so much has been going on that I'm not really sure.  I'll just start where I left off in the last blog and go from there.  :)

Another post of cute and random pictures telling the story of what has been happening with us.

Daddy made "hats" before bed one evening.  Lydia and Anna thought they were very fun. 

 Anna on her birthday!  Almost in her birthday suit. 
 Mimi was working on getting her dressed.  Yep, that's right!  Mimi and Buddy came to visit! 
 Anna had her one year check up on her birthday.  Poor girl had four shots. :(  She did well considering the circumstances and was not effected by them afterward.  She fell asleep on the way home from the doctors.
 Her appointment was great.  The doctor seemed to be very happy with her development- a bit ahead in mobility, right on track with verbal and just right physically.  She is a tiny little thing, at least compared to her sister.  I was not impressed with the measurements taken at the doctor's office (they actually stood her on a regular dial scale to weigh her....hmmmm?) so I'm going by the WIC measurements taken a few days prior for her official one year numbers.   She was 20 pounds 4 ounces and 28.25 inches.  The doctor actually measured her at 29.5 inches so I'm going to say she is somewhere around 29....who knows.   She is a little under average for both numbers.  The doctor was slightly concerned with her weight since she hasn't grown much at all since her 9 month appointment but said we'd wait until her 15 month check to see how she's doing since we could have caught her between growth spurts.  I can't imagine how she can't be growing with the amount she eats....seriously, she eats as much as Lydia at most meals! 

Back to our week...Mimi went to library with us.  That was fun.  Lydia enjoyed having an extra person to read books to her for a week.
 Then it was time for a few birthday gifts.  Anna was more interested in the box of animal cookies than anything else.  But, not to worry, Lydia was all about opening the presents. :)
 So, Anna had just a bit of help with the opening...
 And the playing with of the gifts.  I think they were both happy.
 Lydia enjoyed having a jungle-gym named Buddy here.
 Saturday we had a 'party' for Anna and for Jake since he turned 25 on Sunday. 
Anna's ready!
 But getting a little sleepy...
 Lydia was tired too....so much excitement for one week! So she rested on the bed with Buddy while he told her stories.  Peanut needed some rest too. 
 Bowling on the Wii was a big part of our week with Mimi and Buddy.  Mimi is addicted, haha.  Lydia is so cute.  She does pretty well.  Her form could use some improvement but she manages to get strikes and spares on occasion. 
 The Greatest Grandparents came for the party.  Lydia enjoyed them.  Anna wouldn't get too close. :)
 Happy Birthday! 
I didn't get very fancy with the cake.  I made carrot cake since that is Jake's favorite.  The icing turned out looking weird so I cut the cake in half and put the icing in the middle.  It tasted good. :) 
 Ice cream and cake for the birthday girl. 
 Lydia enjoying time with Nana and Fafa.
 A few more presents! 
 And, of course, more help from big sister.
 She loves her little duck.  She even learned how to make him quack by herself. 
 The look on the faces tells it all....cookies!!
 Figuring out her new stacking toy.
 Oh, and the cookies....
 Then we did more bowling.  Even Great great Grandpa got in on it. 
 It was a good party. :)
Time for church on Sunday morning. 
 I know this is a bad picture...I'm sorry....it was the only picture I got of the girls with Mimi and Buddy.  Doesn't everyone look excited?  :)   Maybe it was because they were all a tad bit worried....Jake and I were headed out to enjoy Jake's birthday gift.
 The ocean!   No, I didn't give Jake the ocean for his birthday.  We took a little trip JUST US to Popham Beach, Maine. 
 We saw Popham Fort, which was really neat.  And collected sand dollars.
 And just generally enjoyed being ALONE.  It really was great.  We had not been anywhere without the girls since they were born.  I was really surprised that I didn't miss them.  I guess I was just having too much fun with my husband. :)   I think he was happy with his birthday. :) 
 And, one last picture.  Lydia has perfected "the eagle".  She is a true Clough. 
 Oh, wait, one more....can you believe how big Anna is in her car seat now, lol.  And she can still gain over 10 pounds before outgrowing it! :) :) 
Here is a video of pictures of Anna's first year.  

1 comment:

Jessica Curtis said...

This was such a sweet post. The pictures were a story by themselves...you have a precious family.