It has, once again, been over a month since I posted. I'm not really sure why I can't find time to sit down and write about our activities, but I don't seem to have enough spare time lately! I've been feeling rather overwhelmed with just day-to-day tasks let alone finding time for blogging! But, at the moment Jake has taken the girls out for a walk and I'm ignoring the dishes piled in the sink and the laundry that needs to be folded and put away and the toys covering the floors so I can update the blog.
A few highlights. Anna got her big-girl car seat. At 17 months she was still in the infant seat and could have stayed in it quite a while longer probably but we figured we'd get her into this seat now since we'll be needing the infant seat for Three in February. Along with her new seat was a new rule for the car...no more "fi-fi"! She had to have kix in her cup holder for the first few trips but really adjusted better than I thought she would to not having it. So now we're down to the pacifier only for naps and night time sleeping. Still not sure when I want to address that....maybe when she's 6, ha. :)
Happy about having a cup holder to put kix in!
We did a little sewing.
And a little reading.
Lydia and I took a trip to the Montshire Museum while Monica stayed here with Anna one morning. It was really fun. A lot of the stuff was a little over her head but she still enjoyed seeing all the different things. She especially liked the water part outside! I'm excited to be able to go back again next year.
We've been working on our preschool, although I have to admit that I'm not as consistent with it as I would like to be. Fortunately it isn't something we HAVE to be doing right now but I feel a little apprehensive about when Kindergarten time comes around and I need to have more structure. Hopefully I'll have a little more energy then.
I lack energy right now. I blame it on Three. He or she is getting close to half-way ready to come out and meet us!! I don't remember being this tired with either of the other two pregnancies. This little one is wearing me out!! Hopefully once he/she is born I'll get a little rest....LOL. I know, I'm funny. I am getting really excited to find out if it IS a he or a she in there. We should be able to get an ultrasound within another month or so. I'm sorta leaning towards boy right now, but I thought that with Lydia too so put no stock in my prediction. :) I'm feeling quite a bit more movement lately- nothing consistent enough to be 'countable', but definitely letting his presence known at times. I love love love feeling little people inside of me. I will miss it when we're finished with babies. I am very excited for when Lydia can feel him/her moving from the outside. :)
Here are a few more pictures from the last month:
Play group has been at our house twice. This past week it was all girls. :) Lydia is getting much better at playing with other kids. She and Marissa (sitting behind them on the other edge of the blanket) get along very well. It is really fun to watch her play and have fun with another kid.
We gave Lydia and Anna their "Christmas present" just a little bit early this year. ;-) I wanted to get them a glider swing, but then realized if we gave it to them at Christmas time we'd have to wait until next spring to put it up. Lydia loves it and really enjoys that she can swing herself on it. Anna is a little small for it still but next summer I think she'll be ready to ride it.
A picture of school time. Lydia working on her worksheet. Anna sticking a crayon in her eyeball and saying "eye! eye!" Anna is learning things from school though, I'm surprised at how much she picks up just sitting there listening to us and 'coloring'. She knows the letter 'c' now and the number '2' as well as a few colors- blue and purple. She's really starting to talk a lot and it is SO fun listening to her!
One day I was vacuuming and not paying too much attention to what the girls were doing. This is where I found them. Lydia was reading to Anna on the rocking chair. They are just so sweet sometimes. :) :) And, yeah...Anna has no shirt. Most times you will find Anna shirt-less. For some reason she doesn't like shirts. She'll pull and pull at them saying 'hot, hot, hot' until I finally give in and take it off of her. And, I just noticed, neither of them happen to have pants on in this picture either. I think they had just gotten up from naps...or at least that is my excuse. ;) I DO dress my kids sometimes.
And, the main reason I felt compelled to finally update is because Jake wants to share some pictures of our recent flooding with his co-workers. These are from the evening of August 28th (I think...it was Sunday during hurricane Irene):
And that's all for now. MAYBE I'll find to update again sooner than a month from now, but if not I'll see you in October. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment