Great news...Jake got an email this morning from the NRCS saying that the budget has been approved (or is on its way to being approved) and officially offering him a full time position when he graduates in May. This is a wonderful answer to prayer! I don't think it is 100% yet, but 99% anyway, which is good enough for now. This means we will still have benefits and an income when I get done my job the end of May! :) I think the greatest thing about life is watching the Lord provide. It is just amazing how everything always work out, even when some things aren't how we planned, it always works out. :) I'm so glad to be a part of God's family!!
I was at one of my larger farms this morning delivering semen for them. The herd manager said the owner is not happy with Genex and is going to do something different to breed his cows. But he said they are going to wait until after I'm done so that it doesn't hurt me at all. I felt special that they are concidering me in the decision. It is one of my largest sales accounts, so I very much appreciate keeping them through May. There are a lot of farms talking about doing something different after I'm done with Genex. I would think this should be a sign to the company that they should start doing things differently because they don't have happy employees nor do they have happy customers. I'm glad that in my area my farmers and I have a good relationship so we can look past Genex and work with each other. But I think Genex is going to loose a fair amount of business come June when I'm not here anymore. Somehow I don't feel sorry for them.
Yesterday I rode with Ben, the new guy, in my area. He did a really good job so I spent most of the day sitting in his car reading baby magazines. :) Today he is out on his own in my area, but I've been checking in with him and doing a few of the calls that are out of his way. He is doing really well and seems to be enjoying it. I will feel pretty good about leaving my area to him when I'm done if that is what ends up happening. We will be having a meeting pretty soon to decide exactly what is going to happen. I hope Ben is able to take over for me. For now it is very nice to be able to have days off from a reliable source.
Well, its snowing again and they are calling for 12-16 inches by tomorrow evening. The last week or so we've had some days that have really had a hint of spring about them. Maybe this will be our last storm for the year and we can get on with the warmth and sunshine. :) :)
TWO WEEKS and we get to SEE Baby Clough!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)





No comments:
Post a Comment