I've been trying to learn to sew. I can get the basics of a garment done but then I'm totally lost on how to do the finishing stuff. I attempted to get the waistband sewn into my skirt today but it was a complete failure. Mom is trying to help but can only do so much over a 520 mile distance. A lady from church is going to come over tomorrow afternoon to help me with Lydia's jumper. I have it all sewn together, just need to finish the neck and arm openings. I have no idea how to do it on my own so I'm very glad she is willing to come help me. Hopefully I'll only need help once then will be able to do it on my own. I have material for a second jumper if I can get this first one done right. I am excited about making clothes for Lydia and for myself but am getting really frustrated with it at the moment. I suppose it doesn't help that I am going on extreme lack of sleep. Lydia is not sleep well at all at night. I have no idea why. Last night we went to bed at 9, she woke up at 10:15 and I had to walk her around for a few minutes to back to sleep then she woke up at 11:30 screaming and would not stop so I took her to the kitchen and turned on the light. As long as she was awake she didn't scream so I sat her in her chair and did dishes and a load of laundry and some other cleaning. She nursed and went back to sleep around 12:30 so I put her in bed with us. She slept then till 3:30 and nursed then again at 7:30 then got up at 8:45. She really shouldn't be eating that often at night...she is eight and half months old! But it is whole lot easier to just do that than listen to her screaming. On top of all of that I couldn't go to sleep last night...even when Lydia was sleeping I'd just lay there and not sleep. ugh. I'm tired. Oh well. I'm sure she'll sleep at night at some point in her life. I really wish I knew why she wakes up screaming. She did pass a lot of gas while I was doing dishes. That is really the only thing I can attribute it to but I don't understand why she screams about it at night and it doesn't bother her at all during the day. Anyway...other than the sleep issues she is a lot of fun. :)
I've been trying all morning to call the hatchery to order our chicks but the line is busy. It just rang three times then went beeped busy again. There must be lots of people who want chicks! :)
We've decided to scale back and only get 30 instead of 50. This way we can use our existing coop instead of building a new one. We are going to use that money to fix up our shed because it is starting to rot. :) I'm looking forward to putting new sides on it and painting it.
Last year was the town's re-apprisial year for property tax purposes. I think they do it every three years...maybe its longer than that. This is the first time they've looked at our house since I bought it and did so many renovations to it. Our previous value was 85,100. Now it is appraised at 132,400. That is good if we want to sell (and move to PA) but I'm not looking forward to seeing what its going to do to our tax bill. Along with the notice they sent a list of everyone in the town of Ryegate's old and new values. I had a lot of fun looking at what other properties were valued at. The most was almost 33 million!!
Well, Lydie-bug just woke up from her nap and wants to cuddle. :) :)





No comments:
Post a Comment