Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

I took this picture the other day....I love it:


Last week I spent quite a bit of time reading my old blog entries. I had fun reading about life before Lydia and things about her as she has grown. I decided that I really need to keep up with my blog so in another year or so I can continue to read back and see what life used to be like. Another thing I found interesting in my reading was the date I picked my first strawberry last year. It was June 12th. My plants are all blossomed and have little green berries on right now. I am very excited to eat yummy strawberries!! :)
My garden is looking good so far this year. Two rows of peas are up and six rows of corn have just broken through. I planted a row of potatoes last night and am going to do four rows of string beans today. There are another two rows of peas that haven't come up yet and I'm not sure they are going to. I am tempted to re-plant but I'll give them a little while yet. Hopefully they'll come up. Then I just have to get a tomato plant or two and a pepper plant and make hills for pumpkins and cucumbers and I'll be done. ....well, done planting. Then comes the weeding.
Lydia is working on her top teeth now, I think. I hope that is what it is. She has been horribly upset the last three days. She's been sleeping a lot more, nursing more often, had a low fever, her very first diaper rash, very few smiles...just generally miserable. Fortunately the diaper rash was short lived thanks to ointment. We were making progress in the nursing area but now we are back to every 3-4 hours again instead of 5-7 hours. Hopefully after these stubborn little
teeth break through we can get on with the process of weaning.
For Memorial day yesterday we went to Cumberford Dam and met some folks from church for a cookout. Mostly everyone was there to fish but we were just there to eat and fellowship. We took the kayak along, which was fun but difficult because it was really windy. Lydia got to experience sand and waves for the first time. I think she would have enjoyed it a lot if she felt herself. Here are a few pictures...

I took Lydia out in the kayak, just a little off shore. We think she liked it.

Jake coming back from a voyage:

Lydia and Lauren building a sand castle:
A tiny smile from Lydia:

No comments: