Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

Yesterday evening we got a surprise visit from Great GramB and Nana (Jake's mom and grandmother). Great GramB brought a teddy bear for Lydia.


She liked him. She touched his nose first then gave him a hug. :)

This was yesterday afternoon. After eating watermelon and yogurt.


The septic guy came and pumped the tank yesterday. This is Jake filling the hole back in. You can also see my strawberries...all blossomed and growing little green berries!!!

This is the empty septic tank. Jake showed me the inside of it before he covered it back up so now I know how it works (that is part of his knowledge due to having a civil engineering degree). Isn't that exciting??
Now from septic tanks to food...
I found (on Rick and Kelly's kitchen table, haha) a cookie recipe. I made it for the second time today. It may be my new favorite cookie! Here it is:

Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oats
6 ounces chocolate chips (today I used peanut butter chips and that was even yummier!)
Water

Mix sugar, butter, egg, vanilla then add dry ingredients and mix. Stir in chips. Add water if mixture it too dry and mix by hand (I put in 1/3 cup of water)
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes

Mmm Mmmm Good!

I also made "Sweet Corn Chicken Soup" today. It is a recipe from China (although I thought it could just as easily be an American dish as there was nothing all that China-ish about it). It is for our last Master Club of the school year tonight. We are having an International day. The kids are all dressing up from another country then will have a little presentation about that country and about the missionary we support from there. Some of the leaders and moms are making international dishes to sample. I just had a bowl of my soup and it seems pretty kid friendly....fortunately. :)

Now I have to go wash all my dirty dishes in the bathtub. A few days ago Jake noticed some water in the cabinet under the kitchen sink. Last night he investigated and found two huge cracks in the drain pipe. He took it all apart so he could take the pipe and get a new one. I sure hope he can get it fixed by tomorrow. I don't like doing dishes in the bathtub! :)

Lydia is doing MUCH better this morning!! She slept 13 and a half hours last night!!!! (from 8 til 9:30) She got up once at midnight and cried for about 20 minutes then went back to sleep and slept till 6 and I nursed her and she went back to sleep again. After that she woke up happy and even let me get some stuff done around here without crying her head off. ::::SIGH::: What happy relief! :) I love it when she is her sweet little self. :) She went down for a nap at 11 and is still sleeping at 1. She must be tired...or growing. I vote for growing. Crazy as it seems, I don't have to bend down at all to hold her hand for her to walk beside me...and her arm isn't even out straight to reach my hand. She is almost 3 feet tall and not quite 11 months yet. yikes.

Ok, off to the bathroom to do my dishes. ;) :)

No comments: