The last few days have not been the best for Lydia...or Mommy...or Daddy. I think Peanut is doing well though. :) I guess it is still due to teething, but it is so hard to know with an almost 11 month old. She had a rough night last night, got up three times! Today she was clingy and whiny all day. When Jake got home from work and tried to hold her she screamed and grabbed on to me. She never did that before! She is usually happy to see Daddy in the afternoon. Of course, that made Jake sad. Poor Daddy. :( Needless to say it makes it hard to get anything done when I have to hold her or be actively playing with her all day. She did take an hour and a half nap in her crib so I was able to finish up sewing another tote bag. That was about the extent of my accomplishments for today. Other than taking care of Lydia which I guess was a good accomplishment today.
I was tempted to stay home from church with her tonight but then she had a very short nap before supper and then a Skype visit with Grammy and Grandbuddy which made her happier. She loves talking to Grammy and Grandbuddy on Skype. :) So we went to church and she successfully stayed in nursery without crying for me. Good job, Lydia!
Everyone is in bed now so I guess I'll head there too. I have to sleep in Lydia's room tonight because Jake wanted to actually get some sleep. With two bedroom doors closed and a hall between him and Lydia he figured he'd be able to block out the crying enough to get a good night's sleep.
I am hoping for a decent night too. Tomorrow morning the speptic guy is coming to pump our tank so I need to be up to get him his check and see how that goes. Then, if Lydia is doing well, we are going to go to Bible study then we have to get groceries and go to walmart. Oddly Lydia seems to do better when we are in public than when we are at home. I guess she likes having more to look at and think about than just me and Peanut. :)
Enough of the complaining...I really do enjoy being with Lydia all the time and am very glad to be her Mommy. :)
She is getting pretty good at standing up and keeping her balance. She even took a few tiny little steps today. But she gets her head in front of her feet and falls forward (which is kinda cute). I think it is really neat how she just falls over with her legs straight, like a tree falling. She knows I will catch her. She doesn't know what it is not to be caught because I am always there for her. She has no fear because she hasn't ever fallen. That is true trust. If only I can learn to trust God like that...without trying to do it on my own at all but just to completely trust that He will be there to catch me. I want to learn to fall into God's arms like Lydia falls into mine.
And a video of one of our happy moments today. She loves Peanut.





No comments:
Post a Comment