I figured it was time for a little update on how things are going around here. Anna is five days old today and had her first doctors visit. Everything looks great with her and good with me too. We had an appt at the hospital on Saturday for a weight check and she was down to 6 lbs 12 oz. The scale at the doctors today said 7 lbs 2 oz. Just like when Lydia was weighed on the two different scales- I don't think they are the same. But I do think Anna is gaining. We'll be able to tell better when she is weighed on the doctors scales again in three weeks. The doctor had no concerns about her but said if she doesn't start waking herself more often and being more alert to call them. I'm still having to wake her every two hours during the day and a little less often than that at night. She is getting to be more awake at some of her feedings so I guess we're making progress. She is not very good at burping. I can pat her for an hour and she won't burp then I'll lay her down and five minutes later she'll scream then burp when I pick her up again. This doesn't happen every time she eats, thankfully! Other than when she needs to burp and can't she does not cry at all really. I guess that will probably change as she gets more awake on her own though.
My milk has come in full force now. I had forgotten just how miserable getting milk was. My poor chest! I was reading back in my blog to see when it evened out with Lydia but didn't find anything. I am hoping for some relief within a few weeks at least. For now I'm expressing a little bit as I need to then hoping Anna is hungry when its time for her to eat. Of course, I am still taking tylenol (I think thats what it is) for other discomforts also so that should help some all around. I had the doctor check out my stitches at our appt this afternoon. She said everything looks really good, but I am still having quite a bit of pain/burning. She said she could see no reason for it so I guess I just have to deal with it as it heals. I honestly don't think recovering from a third degree tear is any better than recovery from the C section! Well, maybe a little better- I do feel normal other than the tear healing. And the pain from my milk coming in too. This motherhood stuff isn't for wimps! ;-) I wouldn't trade it for the world though. :) :) Anna is so cute. She has the sweetest little smiles. It is going to be so fun watching her change and grow.
Lydia is still loving her little sister. She gives her toys to play with and doesn't really understand why she won't take them in her hand. She puts things at her hand and says "hand?". It is fun going in to see Anna in her bed and finding toys that Lydia gave her too. Usually the first thing Lydia wants to do when she gets up in the morning or from her naps is go see Anna and hold her on her 'yap'. :)
Mimi and Buddy are doing a great job of entertaining Lydia. It will be intersting when they are gone next week. Lydia is really going to miss them. And I will too! Mimi has been doing mostly all our meals and cleaning plus playing with Lydia. Buddy and Jake have been working on little projects around the house. Seems Buddy can't come for a visit without being put to work. I guess that is what he gets for knowing so much about how to do things. :) They've re-plumbed the bathroom and washing machine, wired new outlets in the basement and did something to the furnace (not exactly sure what but supposed to have gotten us better hot water). I think they won't be doing any more projects the rest of the week now.
Well, I think it is time to wake Anna for her next feeding. She is currently sleeping in the blue seat with the letters p, q, r and s and a clock laying on her lap because Lydia thought she needed them. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment