Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I can't believe how big of a difference one year can make in the life of a little one! In looks and in abilities of all areas. Last year at this time Lydia could not even crawl but now she is running and jumping and climbing. I can't remember if she was saying anything at this time last year but I don't think she was other than random sounds but now she is gaining new words by the day (today's new word (one of them anyway) was "dub"- as in, a dove that was on the ground outside our window). She had pretty limited motor skills at this time last year but now she can draw circles if you ask her to and straight lines too! She can put her puzzles together well enough that she doesn't think they are fun or interesting anymore. She is learning her letters and numbers and colors....all kinds of new things!!
Anyway, all of that to say....look at this.
Here is Lydia a little over a month ago:


And here she is last March:


Big difference. But, I just realized, that sweater still fits her, lol. The sleeves were rolled up and she was quite round back then. :)

Today I finished Lydia and Anna's very first matching dresses. I have no idea if Anna's will fit her though. Kinda hard to know how big to make it when I don't know how big she will be. Comparing it to some of her other dresses it is about a 3 month size. Now as long as Lydia doesn't outgrow hers before Anna can wear hers..... :) I guess it could always end up being a doll's dress. I just used material that I had around the house that was given to me. The blue is a strange sort of material and frays something terrible. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be trimming loose threads off of these dresses every time they are worn. I'm not sure they will survive going through the wash- they may totally unravel!!
Here they are:


Now I need to go get my little sleeping beauty up from her nap...and the sleeping prince up from the sofa ;-) so we can get supper eaten and head to church. :)

No comments: