Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I should be sewing right now but I wanted to write a little first. I have orders for more totes so I have a bit of sewing to do. I am looking forward to it- it's been a while since I've sewn. There for a while I was doing so much sewing I got tired of it but now I'm ready to go again. :) I think I have 6 bags cut out so I'm going to get those all together. Only three of those are for orders though so I'll have to find more customers.
But on to my update....
Jake took the day off yesterday and we took the girls to Bradford to Elizabeth's Park. We had driven by it once when Lydia was very small and thought it looked like great fun. I was glad we finally found time to go there. I think it was a little on the 'old' side for Lydia but she loved the swings (as always) and enjoyed walking around in the "houses", as she called them. I had fun following her around too :) Jake held Anna the whole time and tried to keep her out of the sun. It has been great to have nice weather- although today is rainy, it does look like summer might arrive after all.
When we got home from the park Lydia and I had a difficult moment. She was refusing to do something she was asked to do and that resulted in a spanking. I hate spanking her but she was being VERY stubborn about this so it had to be done. I felt terrible and she was upset too. For a while I doubted whether I would ever spank her again- it didn't seem like it did any good at all. Well, I have to write this because I think it just proves the point that spanking really does work (not beating, mind you). This morning has been perfect. Seriously, perfect. Lydia and I have gotten along perfectly all morning and she didn't even take a nap this morning. It was six hours of obedience and happiness and fun. She obeyed every single time I asked her to do something and in most cases the very first time. I even got laundry done, cleaned the kitchen, started supper and did some pre-sewing ironing and cutting. We had a blast playing together. And laughed so hard with each other at one point I had tears in my eyes. I still laugh thinking about it.... We were reading the "David" book together. At one point David throws a rock at a bear with his sling to get it away from his sheep. In the book it says "WhaaaaacK, the stone hit the bear's nose". Well, through the whole book she had been saying all the words she knew that came next. Right before I said the word "whack" she yelled "WHACK!" with the perfect inflection. It was so funny. I started laughing and she just giggled and giggled which made me laugh even harder. Probably my description doesn't do it justice but it was hilarious.
I'm sure...I KNOW...we'll have more difficult moments as she grows and learns but the past 24 hours or so have taught me a great lesson. Even though it is very very hard to stand my ground in those difficult times it is definitely worth it in the end. Even though we both had a few minutes (or more) of sadness (I think it made me more sad than her to have to spank her) it resulted in six hours of joy with my little girl. Can't argue with that!!
The only thing I'm feeling kinda bad about this morning is poor little Anna. I feel like I'm neglecting her a lot of the time because she is so quiet and good all the time. She sits nicely in her swing or seat so it is easy to forget she is there. I mean, I don't forget about her but I don't interact with her like I do Lydia. I know it has a lot to do with her not really being at an interacting age yet but it still makes me sad. I somehow feel like I'm delaying her development or that she is going to have something 'wrong' with her because I don't spend enough time with her. But, she is on my lap right now and I did hold her the whole time I made lunch today so its not like I never do anything with her. I think it will be easier when she is able to join in our play with us. We'll see. I don't want to rush her in growing up either. I do love just holding her and cuddling with her when we have a minute. :)
When child #3 comes along I'll probably never do anything except change his/her diaper and feed him/her, lol. Poor kid.
Well, since Lydia is napping now and Anna is awake I am going to spend some time interacting with her so I don't feel like a neglectful parent. :)

No comments: