We finally have some nice weather- at least for parts of the days anyway. We got a walk to the farm in yesterday morning and made it back home just in time for it to start raining. This morning we walked to the second pond and back. It feels sooooo nice to get out and move around. When we were walking home Lydia said "this fun Mama". I told her I was having fun too. There isn't anything better then spending time with my girls.
For the last few days I haven't put Lydia down for her morning nap, which is another reason we've been able to get out for walks in the morning. I am really enjoying being able to do things for those two hours that I was stuck at the house as she napped. She got pretty grumpy by 12:30 today without her morning nap though. I put her down then so we'll see how long she sleeps and if she acts more tired this evening. We might have to do every other day with a morning nap still or something. We'll get it worked out I'm sure. :)
Lydia's potty training is going wonderfully! I'm not sure at what point I can say she is fully trained...I guess when I don't feel like she needs a pull up for bed or going away. She is doing all her pee in the potty now though. A lot of times she'll pee a tiny little bit in her undies before realizing it and running to the potty for the rest. On our walk today she had to pee but wouldn't go without a potty. I put a diaper on her but she wouldn't pee in that either. A few times she said "I pee" and I said "it's ok, go ahead and pee in your diaper" and she said "o-tay" and squeezed her legs together. I thought she was peeing but I guess she was working on holding it in because the diaper was dry when we got home. I felt bad that she had to hold it that long but I guess that is a good indication that she is pretty much fully trained.
Here are a few pictures from when we got back from our walk this morning. It is great to be able to wear shorts again (although we didn't put them on until we got back since it was still cool-ish when we left)!! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment