The girls both had well child check ups on Monday. I figured I better write about it now before I forget!!
It was Lydia's 3 year check up. How is it that our little girl is almost three!?
Lydia was 36 pounds and just shy of 40 inches- 90th% for both. So at her last 2 appts she evened out into the 90th%, I'm glad of that, I didn't like it when she was over 90 or off the chart. The doctor asked about some of the things she knows so we talked about that. I mentioned that she can draw things so the doctor gave her a paper and pen and asked her to draw a dog. She drew a circle with two eyes, a mouth and four legs. The doctor was really impressed. Said that is a little above what she'd expect from a 4 year old, so that was cool. She asked her to jump and stand on one foot but Lydia wouldn't do either of those things for her. I asked her about the separation anxiety that she still has since that is the only concern at all I have with her. She said it sounded like I was doing what I should and it would work itself out over time. Lydia said "I'll out grow it, Mom" . Hopefully that is true! So, Lydia had a good check up. :)
Anna did pretty well too. She's so tiny compared to Lydia, it's funny. She was 50th% at 22 lbs and almost 30 inches. That is the size Lydia was at 10 months, lol. They did have to do her measurements twice because the first numbers showed her not growing at all and losing weight. I was a little concerned since I think of her as really small anyway so it was a relief to have the second measurements fall more in line with where she had been. She had one shot, which she screamed about but calmed down pretty quickly. The doctor was very pleased with her mobility, jumping, etc and said she also seemed right on track with words. She said at her age she should have 10 words. I couldn't think of many on the spot but I've been paying more attention lately and realized she has probably 25 or more. Not all of them are "English" necessarily, but we know what she means. :) She also said it might be time to start thinking about taking the pacifier away from her (she had it the whole time there because it was nap time and she was very grumpy). I said she only has it at night 99% of the time and the doctor said that was good. That is my next big decision of motherhood....when to take the 'fi-fi'. Whenever we take it I know it is NOT going to be fun. So, Anna had a good check up too. :)
I'm thankful for my happy, healthy little girls. :) :) :)





No comments:
Post a Comment