I'm so sad. Yesterday when Jake went to feed the chickens he found four of them dead. Apparently a weasle got into the run and was able to get in the house at them. We know it was a weasle because the stupid things don't eat what they kill, they just suck the blood out of thier necks and leave them. He got the two roosters, including my favorite one Frazzle, and the little red hen and the little black and gray hen. I am mad at that dumb weasle. We still have the three big chickens and two of the little ones. Jake closed off the house from the run, but I figure if he wants to come back and eat more that won't stop him. Someone said there is a fellow around who might come trap him. I want to trap him and kill him.
So, its the first day of spring...its been snowing all day, although it is warm enough that its not really staying around. We still have probably three feet on the ground though. It doesn't look like spring is going to come yet, at least not in the 10 day forcast. Fortunately it does look pretty good for next Thursday and Friday for our trip to PA. :) I am soooooo excited for our little vacation!!!
Jake talked to the guy at his job again today about the full time position when he graduates. I guess the paperwork is being filed, which is a great step in the right direction. The bad news was that the salary isn't what we thought it was going to be for the first year or so. I think this evening I'm going to go over things and see if we can tighten up the budget some now to make sure we are ready for the transition in May. It was so great though...we just found that out and I was wondering about some financial things and then I went to the mailbox and found a letter from his school saying he is getting another 1000 dollars back from them. I almost cried (probably because I'm pregnant and over emotional, lol) because it was yet another example of how God takes care of our every need and is always there. He really does take care of His own...not just financially, but through every little thing in life. I honestly don't know how we would be able to live from day to day without the knowledge that we serve a loving and gracious God.





No comments:
Post a Comment