Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I didn't have anything interesting or exciting to post about lately. But I got a message that we've been missed around here so here goes a post... :) :)
The tests and such at the hospital must have all been normal because I haven't heard anything from the doctors. Our next appt is the 6th of May so I'm sure they'll let us know then how things were. Time seems to be flying by!! The weather is so wonderful now, which is another reason there haven't been any posts...we've been getting stuff done outside and around the yard and such. There are still a few piles of snow left, but I don't think they'll be around too much longer. :) My flowers are showing themselves, although I think it will still be a while till we see any blooms. I did see a daffodil open at one of my farms this past week, that was very encouraging. :)
We'd been having trouble with our furnace since we got back from PA. Kevin and Ken came and put a new aquastat on it this morning which seemed to fix the problem. While they were here they hung our lights in the mudroom and the dining area. Its nice to not have wires hanging down with bulbs on them now. :) I'll post a picture of the dining room one sometime. Now we just need trim and floors. The trim I'd like to get done sometime but the floor has now been put on hold for an undertermined amount of time. We can live with plywood floors. :)
I am so excited, I only have six weeks more of work! I haven't decided for sure what to do for the six weeks or so between getting done work and when Baby comes. I was going to see about working at Walmart, but now I'm thinking it might be kinda hard standing all day when I'm that big and heavy. But I don't want to just sit around and do nothing for six whole weeks either. My back is really giving me trouble lately, but I'm not allowed to complain about it because I keep forgetting to call the chiropractor to make and appt. ;) My legs have also been sore, but it only stand to reason since I weigh more now than I ever have in my life. My poor muscles don't know what has happened! I weighed myself yesterday and I was up to 146. I started out at 120, so I guess that isn't too bad for six and a half months. At first I was having trouble accepting getting fat but now I actually like my belly. :) ...not to say I'm not looking forward to it leaving once Baby is here, but its really neat to have Baby sticking out there in front of me all the time. :) :)
Last night we had Master Club at church. We started a new badge with the boys this week. It is the "Good Soldier" badge. I am determined to make these lessons exciting for them so they have fun and learn things. I know, since the are all boys, that learning about soldiers will be a good thing to get them interested. The first lesson went pretty well. We have one new guy, Eric, who is really fun to teach because he listens and answers questions and seems intersted the whole time. Unfortunately baseball is starting next week and he has practice on Friday nights. I guess he told his mom he'd rather do Master Club but she said he had to do baseball. :( Its really too bad since he doesn't come to any other church activities, this was a great experience for him. So, anyway, we ordered a knights costume from oriental trading to use in class. It has the helmet, breastplate, shield and sword. I know the boys will like it and it will be great for teaching them about the "armour of God" from Ephesians 6. :)
Well, I guess thats it for now. I'm going to go out and enjoy the warm sun again. We have HELP Ministries at church tonight. There are six guys I think...one from Northern Ireland, Hati, India, somewhere in Africa, central america and um..somewhere else. They all have churches and/or schools and/or orphanges in thier own countries and came here to tell us about what they do. I really enjoy hearing from them. :)
Happy Saturday!!!!! :)

No comments: