Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Our house smells like skunk...very strongly of skunk. This time it was not Peanut's fault, although she is very upset thinking it is her fault since every other time the house has smelled like skunk it was because of her. Two days ago we set the box trap out by the chickens to catch whatever it was that had been killing them. (two more had been killed while we were away and there were only three left. we took the surviving ones over to Jake's mom where they'd be safe, so we don't have any chickens now) I had talked to a lot of farmers about the situation and they had lots of ideas from weasle to rat to skunk as the culpurate. Jake bated the trap with cat food and the first night it was all gone but the trap wasn't set off so last night he set it on a lighter setting and added more cat food. This morning we had us a skunk. From what I had learned from talking to farmers I knew to cover the trap with something (in our case, an old towel) and the skunk wouldn't spray while covered up. Jake carried him in his trap down to the edge of the river...as far away from the house as possible. I stayed IN the house. I guess the trouble came when he pulled the towel off the trap. Mr. Skunk sprayed at him...ewww. Then after Jake shot him in the head he proceeded to spray all over the place, going in circles. I guess Jake shot him a few more times since it seemed that a bullet in the head hadn't had much effect on him. Jake then came in the house to tell me the story, which I did not listen to for very long before telling him to get out in the garage and take all of his clothes off. Funny, he didn't think he smelled..lol...but Peanut's hair all started standing on end and she ran around the house barking for a few minutes. I stayed in the bathroom with the door shut while I finished getting ready for work. That kept me out of the smell for a while, but now its all through the house. ugh. Its been worse before, like the time the skunk died under the garage, that was really really bad for like a week. So, that was our excitment for this morning. I hope the guys in the office don't make Jake come home because of his smell. He changed his clothes and washed his hair again...I don't think he smelled anymore, but its in all of our noses now. Even Buddy is hiding behind the chair with really big eyes. lol
HAPPY TUESDAY!! :)

No comments: