Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 2, 2009

Peanut has decided that if this new two legged, hairless "pet" isn't going to leave she may as well try to be friends. Lydia is all for that plan; she loves Peanut.

Here they are interacting with each other...also Lydia doing her 'da da daaaah's, although she got a bit distracted towards the end....

Lydia was so funny today. I don't know if I can tell it as great as it was but I'll try. We were on the floor, she was playing with toys and I was laying beside her reading books to her. Every now and then she would look at the pictures but mostly she was just playing and listening. I was reading "The Shy Little Kitten", using different voices for all the different characters. When it came to the part where the dog barks at the squirrel the book says "wow, wow, wow". So, I said "wow, wow, wow" in a dog voice (really, I have a great dog voice). Well, Lydia just cracked up laughing. I didn't even think she was paying attention. I laughed along with her then kept reading. The next sentence says that the squirrel chattered back "chee chee chee" (or something like that) so I read it in my best squirrel voice and she burst out in giggles again. I laughed so hard I almost couldn't finish reading. Of course, as I finished the book I had to add some "wow, wow, wows" in even where there weren't any because each time it brought a round of laughing for both of us. It was wonderful...I am just loving being able to interact with my little girl and laugh with her and have fun. Nothing at all can compare to being a Mommy, especially during moments like that. I thought about getting the camera to video it but usually when I go get the camera the moment is gone and I didn't want to interrupt our moment. :)

I can't believe I spelled squirrel right...lol...the spell check didn't highlight it. :)
Time for bed, goodnight! :)

No comments: