Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 13, 2009

WHEW!!!! This week has been like disaster week for me and Lydia. I guess I shouldn't say it like that, there really have been no disasters but it sure feels like there have. I had her at the doctor on Monday to have her ears checked because she was soooo grumpy and pulling on her ears and twitching her head. They said she was just fine. Then Wednesday afternoon she started a fever. It was 1o1 at 1:00 in the afternoon and by 1:00 in the morning on Thursday it was up to almost 103. Needless to say she was not sleeping well and all and I was super worried about her. She wasn't showing any other symptoms so I figured that was a good sign. I gave her Tylenol and by 8:00 Thursday morning it was down to 99. I called the doctor and they said they wanted to check her ears and see her again so back to the doctor we went yesterday afternoon. Of course, she was happy and bouncing and talking and perfectly healthy while we were there. I was feeling relieved that it was all over and turned out just fine. Until last night. She went to bed at 9 and was good until 10:30 then she lost it....she was up every hour (or less) until 3 this morning. She was waking up just screaming, like she was in pain. She had a little gas each time so I'm assuming she had a belly ache. I finally made her wake up at 3 and I gave her a bath and we played until almost 4:30. She was happy when she was awake so I thought we could sleep the rest of the morning. Nope...she was up at 5:30, 6:30 and 8 when we finally got up again. She is still very grumpy and crying on and off but at least she is not screaming like she was. I have no idea what to do with her. I don't know what is wrong. I tried teething tablets, oragel, mylicon...nothing has helped. I'm starting to feel as bad for myself as I do for her. :) :) Two nights with virtually no sleep is starting to get to me. I think its getting to her too. I'd like to blame it all on teeth but I don't feel or see anything on her gums yet. She is drooling like crazy though. Sometimes being a Mommy isn't so easy...and this is only the beginning. But I wouldn't trade it for the world!! :) :) : ) I do have a sore throat so maybe she does too. Or it could be the peas I gave her yesterday. She's been having such trouble with her solids, they don't set will with her. She didn't throw the peas up yesterday so I thought she did well with them. They were store-bought instead of homemade too. Seems every time I give her store-bought baby food she gets a belly ache. I know they say there isn't any preservative in them but there must be for them to be able to sit on the shelf for that long.
Jake took the day off yesterday after none of us slept at all to be with us but he had to go to work today. But he has a three day weekend for Presidents Day so I'm looking forward to more time together. The weather has been tolerable lately. Warm enough to go for walks which has been WONDERFUL!!!!!! :) :) We are trying to figure out how we might be able to get out for a few hours to dinner for Valentines Day without Lydia but I'm not sure if she'd have a meltdown over that or not. I especially don't want to try if she is still acting like she is sick. We'll see.
My cousin Brian is coming to visit next weekend to go snowboarding. I sure hope she is sleeping by then...poor Brian if she's not. I am so excited about his visit though. I love family company from PA. :) :)
Ok, I can't ignore Lydia's fussing anymore...gotta rescue her.

No comments: