Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

The sledding party on Saturday was great. There were about 25 kids and adults there. The kids really seemed to enjoy the sledding and being pulled in Mike's big sled behind the four wheeler. After two hours of sledding almost everyone came back here for hot chocolate and cookies. It was fun having 20 people in our kitchen. :) Jake and I were so glad that everyone had such a good time. We are thinking of having a sledding party for the teens sometime in March...if they want to. So, that was fun. If you want to see pictures they are on my facebook page. Click this link to see them: ...ok, never mind...I'll have to post that link later since facebook is not cooperating at the moment.
Sunday was not that great of a day from Lydia's standpoint. She was kinda grumpy and I ended up in nursery with her for both sunday school and church in the morning. Jake took care of her in the afternoon and I got a two hour nap which was WONDERFUL!! :) :) Then for the evening service she was doing well in nursery until they sat her on the floor by herself and she fell over and hit her head. (still not sure exactly how that happened...) I had to go down to her and she didn't want to stay anymore so I took her into the service. She was a pretty good girl until the very end and I took her downstairs again and watched the Patch the Pirate kids play a game. We had a special speaker all day and I didn't get to hear any of his messages...that made me sad. I did get his notes from the evening service so hopefully I can piece together the parts I missed.
Today was a very grumpy day. I took Lydia to the doctors this afternoon but they said she is perfectly healthy. I am glad she is healthy but I do wonder why she cries so much. I suppose I'll just keep blaming it on her teeth even though they don't even look or feel close to the top yet.
I also had the doctor (it was the first time we saw her, she is actually a physician assistant and very nice) look at my thumb/wrist. I've been having trouble with it for six months now and it just keeps getting worse instead of better. So, she had me put my thumb in my fist (like, make the number four then close your fingers around your thumb in your fist)...I said 'that doesn't hurt'. She said move your fist like this (hold your arm out from the elbow with knuckles vertical and move wrist down so that it stretches the tendon from your thumb into your wrist). She did it fast so I copied her and did it fast also...except that when I moved it just a little suddenly pain shot up through my whole arm and I said 'ow, that hurts'. She smiled like she knew it would and said 'yes, that is common during pregnancy' (i think what she meant was because of carrying baby around all the time). So, anyway, I am going for a cortisone shot and will have to wear a splint on it for a while. I'm not sure how long I have to wear it but I'm wondering how I'm going to carry Lydia around with a splint on. ....my parents are just going to have to come visit I guess. :) :) :)
The very best part of the last three days has been that Lydia finally realized she loves her Daddy. She holds her arms out to him and says "uh, uh, uh" to him and fusses when he goes out of the room. It makes Daddy feel very special. :) Of course, she is constantly saying "daddada and dad and daddy" so he feels special about that too. :) :) :)

No comments: