Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

In only two more weeks Lydia will be one year old. wow. :)

Friday evening we went to get our new doll house. I was so very excited about it!! We paid a good deal less than half of what is was worth, which made it even more exciting. It is so much fun! I can't wait until Lydia and I can play pretend together. :) :) Right now she loves the little furniture and the little dolls. She loves to open and close the little doors on the cabinets and put things in and take them out. Here it is when we brought it home:
It is just a little shorter than Lydia:

Look at all the furniture!:

Here is the family along with the pets:


Saturday's birthday party for Great Grandma Clough was good. It was fun talking to relatives we had never met before. I was very happy to find two, a Great Aunt and her daughter, that have accepted Jesus as their savior! I always think it is so neat how fellow believers have a bond even before we talk about our shared faith in Christ. Spirit knows Spirit. :)
Here's Lydia walking with Nana and Daddy...very happy about walking:


And with Great Grandpa and Great Grandma...

And five generations together!!:


Yesterday was a pretty normal day. Nothing special for Fathers Day but I still took time to appreciate the two wonderful fathers in my life. :) I could not have picked a more perfect Dad for myself nor a more perfect Daddy for my baby girl. I love both of them!!! :)
Sundays really mess Lydia up though. Since we are at church during nap time in the morning she only gets a quick snooze in the car on the way there then is busy busy in nursery all morning. By the time we get home in the afternoon she is ready for a nap so she usually misses lunch or is too grumpy/sleepy to eat. Then when she gets up from her nap it is almost time to leave for church again so supper is rushed then bedtime is late too. I'm totally not complaining about the church part...I love church, which is why I'll mess up her schedule on Sundays for it. :) It is just hard on her sometimes. She does very well not to complain, she is pretty good at going with the flow. All that to say...she slept in till 8 this morning! And I did too. lol :) :) She had a rough time from 4-5 this morning. She was just fussing, when I went to look at her she was sleeping so I left her. Then at 5 I finally picked her up and tried to give her the sippy of milk but that was a complete failure. I had to end up putting her back and letting her cry while ducky sang her to sleep again. I felt bad for her. :( But the good thing was that she did go back to sleep without nursing so we have officially cut out the early morning nursing now. We only have the before bed nursing left to go and it should be gone sometime next week. :) I miss it a little but not as much as I thought I would.
This morning I was doing some cleaning in the living room. I had the door open onto the porch. Lydia crawled out there and I heard her playing with the chairs and whatnot. Then a few minutes later I heard a distress call....'aaaah'. I went out and found Lydia here:


She was half way up the back of the chair when I found her...climbing it like a ladder. But she couldn't figure out how to get back down, fortunately. UGH. oh dear. lol

This is what the doorway looked like a few minutes later:
(I did, by the way, take the first picture AFTER I had gotten her down and then staged it for a new picture) :)
What excitement!

No comments: