We had another good weekend. :)
On Saturday we went to look at a tractor for Jacob. He wants to sell the MT and buy a B (both John Deere, of course). Daniel, a man Jake works with, has 10 tractors at his house. They are all old John Deeres. The B actually belongs to Daniel's brother but he lives in Virginia I think so Daniel is selling it for him. Jake posted his MT for sale in a few places online with hopes that it will sell before July 4th. He would like to have the B to pull the church float in the parade on the fourth. He is only going to buy the B if he can break even on the 'trade'. I must admit it is a nice tractor. All restored and beautiful. Lydia liked it too. As it sat there putt, putting away she bounced up and down in time with the putts and said "pop pop pop". A girl after her Daddy's heart. :) :)
Yesterday was a busy day but fun. After morning church we had lunch with two other couples from church, an older couple and a younger couple. The food was fabulous and the company was fun. We also picked up a new algae eater for our fish tank. Yeah, I couldn't put the fish in the river. :( So I had to run home with 'Algernon IV' before evening church while Jake was at a meeting for the 4th float. Apparently they aren't supposed to live in the little plastic bag for more than 3 hours. He was in it for 3 and a half hours then in a cup for another hour or so. He didn't die though and is now clinging to the side of the tank looking happy (I think).
Lydia is getting better at walking every day. When I went to get her from nursery on Sunday evening they said she walked across the nursery all by herself to get to something. :) My big girl! :) She has also learned some neat new things with her toys. She can now do her stackable ring toy and can even put them in order if I tell her which color goes next. Her attention span is only about 2 and a half rings though so it rarely gets finished in one sitting. :) She also has learned how to make her pop up toy work. She can not do the one you turn or the one you slide but she can do both of the ones you push and is very good at pushing them all back closed. She keeps trying to do the slide one, I think she'll figure it out pretty soon. :) For some reason she has started saying "dada" again a lot. She's been saying it for a long time now along with other 'words' but lately she is saying 'dada' more than anything else. Its kinda funny, she calls Peanut "dada" now...lol...she used to call her "p" (as in push, not as in pee). But she also is starting to say something that sounds like 'dog' when she sees peanut sometimes too. Her most favorite thing to do is still pointing and saying 'that'.
It is getting to be very fun interacting with her. She understands pretty much all 'commands' I give her and mostly all the time responds to them. The other evening I asked her if she could take her monkey magnet and put him back on the refrigerator. She looked at him and looked at me and shook her head no (which was kinda funny). So I didn't mention it again then a few minutes later she picked him up and took him to the kitchen and put him on the fridge. I was proud of her. :) She is also getting more playful in a little kid sort of way, if that makes any sense. She'll walk away from me and look back like she wants me to get her then I'll grab her and she'll squeal and laugh. She is so much fun. :)
On Saturday she learned a new trick...how to climb up on things. There were a few short logs laying on the ground. She walked over to them and kept doing something funny with her leg. I couldn't figure out what she was trying to do until, there she went, up on top of them. She crawled up then sat down and smiled very big. She did this over and over. Today she tried to climb up on her little wooden chair but fell over and cut her lip again. The exact same place as last time but it didn't bleed as badly this time, thankfully.
Only one more thing about Lyida, lol, she is doing really well with weaning. She is starting to really love her sippy cups, which I am happy about! :) I decided that I don't mind if she is still drinking out of a sippy when she is 5...as long as she is weaned from me when she is 1. :) Today was the first day of trying to cut out her mid-day feeding. She did great and took her sippy before her nap without fussing. I'm not sure if she'll make it till 8 now or not...we'll see. If she gets too grumpy I'm not going to push her to go till bedtime yet. Hopefully within a week she'll be down to only her early morning and before bed nursings then I'll cut out the bedtime one.
I was going to post some pictures too but that ended up being a long post so I'm just going to go be productive now. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment