Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Both wee ones are, once again, napping and I'm taking advantage of the quiet to do more searching for our Tot School activities. As I read other blogs I'm feeling very very behind. There are other tots younger than Lydia who've already been through a letter a week!! I suppose I need to remember that I am not super-mom and just go at our own pace. But I do think I am going to start some of our letter activities sooner rather than later. I also think I need to remember that even though I don't do super cool activities with Lydia I am still teaching her things every day. She can count to 20, knows all her colors (well, major colors anyway), knows basic shape names, and most letter names and sounds. I taught her all of those things without any formal 'sit down and learn' time so I must be doing something right. I just feel like I could do so much better when I see the neat things other moms are doing with their tots. Well, enough of complaining about what I'm NOT doing...lets get some links up for things I AM going to do!!! :)

I've been reading through some blogs linked through Tot School. I particularly like the blogs that are dedicated simply to school posts and not a lot of other random things. I just makes it easier for me to sort through activities I may want to use rather than reading a lot of other stuff about people I don't know (although that has proven to be interesting too, haha). Here is a blog that I really like because it shows the activities she has done with her tot for learning letters. I want to start to do a "letter a week" with Lydia so this blog has a lot of neat ideas for activities for each letter:

http://www.adayfamacademy.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Missy L. said...

I really like the websites you've put on. They all have really good links. I need to take a look at everything! There are some great ideas here!