Lydia is going to be two years old tomorrow. It really is amazing how fast time goes. It is even more amazing how much a child grows and learns in a few years. Only two years ago we were bringing home a tiny little baby girl and now we have a little girl running around and talking. I am thankful beyond words for our Lydia. She is so sweet and kind and caring. She has a heart to please and for the most part tries to be obedient. Most people talk about terrible twos and awful threes but I am very much looking forward to our third year with Lydia in our family. Her middle name is appropriate- she is a Joy!! I thank God every day for giving her to us. It is a daunting task to teach, train and raise a little life but with God's help we are doing our best and what a blessing it is to see her learning and growing in Him. I'm amazed at the insight she has at such a young age. She did not have an easy time adjusting to sleeping in a new room and new bed here in PA but I told her that all we need to do when we are scared is pray because Jesus will help us feel better. Now every time I put her down for a nap or bedtime she holds out her hand and says "I pray now" then when we are done she says "I better now". She doesn't cry anymore when she goes to sleep and one morning when I got her after she woke up I asked her how she slept and she said "I good. I prayed." I am thankful that at two years old she is already learning to lean on the Lord during 'hard' times...what a help that will be to her as she grows and the hard times get even harder! As the book of Psalms says- how much better it is to trust in the Lord than in man (or Mommy or Daddy)! Of course, the last two years haven't been without some trials and learning experiences for us as parents but overall Lydia has made it fun. I am very very proud of my two year old Lydia! :)
So, for her birthday tomorrow we are going to spend some time playing with Uncle Matthew and cousin MaCayla. Hoping to go to the park after lunch for a little while. This past week in PA has been busy busy busy so I'm looking forward to a little more rest this week. We're getting our family pictures done on Tuesday. I'm nervous about that since Lydia won't look at cameras or even look happy when she sees one lately. Hopefully we'll get a few good pictures. A little more visiting with family the rest of the week then heading back to VT either Friday or Saturday. I know the week will go way too fast- time always goes so fast when we are here!





No comments:
Post a Comment