So far my blog has been random ramblings about things about our family. Now that I am planning things for starting pre-K with Lydia I want to start using my blog as a way to connect and get ideas about homeschooling. My cousin is a great inspiration to me and has encouraged me to do Tot School. So today I am looking into that and trying to figure out how to become a part of that "network". I am open to any and all ideas about things to do with a two year old to encourage learning! Lydia is a very willing student in all areas and is so far having no trouble amazing me in the things she is able to learn and understand.
On that note, she had her two year checkup yesterday and the doctor said she seemed to be advanced in most areas. I'm not entirely sure what she based that observation on considering that Lydia did nothing but sit on my lap and stare the whole time she was in the room though. ;) An intern had come in before the doctor and Lydia did talk to her though so I guess that was enough. We had fun bragging about all the things she knows and does too. :) As far as her stats go- she was 36 inches and 31.5 pounds (95th and 90th %tiles). I am very thankful and blessed to have a happy, healthy little girl(s)!
Anna is growing like a little weed too. I don't have any idea what her measurements are right now but she is most certainly getting bigger! After we got back from vacation her sleeping at night took a turn for the worse...four hours at a time rather than 6-8 but I'm working on getting back on track. We had a 6.5 hour stretch last night then another 4 so we're getting there. She is developing a personality now too which is fun to watch. I think I really start to enjoy babies around the 3-4 month age (not that I didn't enjoy her before but she is fun now too). She is starting to be able to grasp things and put them in her mouth and she can stand up now if I hold her hands. She is a VERY happy and smiley baby 99% of the time- for that I am very thankful! :)
And now Lydia is awake from her nap. Lunch time!





No comments:
Post a Comment