Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

You probably guessed it- the littles are napping. :)

I found this site that has all kinds of GREAT ideas for pre-k learning but I was particularly interested in the farm theme ideas they had since our first lapbook (thanks to Carol) will be a farm theme.
Here is the link to the farm theme page, but I'll have to remember to check back for other ideas in the future also:

http://prekinders.com/farm-theme/


As I've been searching for activities for my tot I have been making of list of things I'd like to have. It is a very long list now but I think I may have some of the things in the basement. I've accumulated a lot of "junk" over the years thinking "I'll use that some day with our kids". I had these thoughts even before we had kids, haha. So I think now would be a good time to head downstairs and take a quick look at what I do have before I make a final list of things we'll be needing for some of our activities. :)

I'm very excited to do some new things next week including- stringing beads (both on string and on pipe cleaners), making lacing cards and learning how to put laces through the holes, try our hand at finger painting and start learning about tracing. We've been working on tracing a little bit lately but I want to focus a little more on this skill because I think it will really help with starting to write. She can write the letter "L" but that's it. :)

No comments: