Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Whew, I got all the priming done! I even painted the yucky cardboard that has been our backsplash for the last year or so. Jake cut out two pieces of sheetrock and filled in the two holes where the exaust fan used to be. Unfortunately the "sheetrock" they used in 1953 was thinner than what we had, so it isn't flush to the old wall, but its a lot better than having holes in the wall!! :) I'm glad we got that done and painted. I taped the sample border up too. I really like the border, but I don't like that it is only 6 inches high and the space we are putting it in is 9 inches. I put it there sorta in the middle of the 9 inches. I guess it looks ok...I don't know. I'm also glad I painted the backsplash white because now I know that when we re-do the backsplash and countertops that we don't want a white color..its way too much white. Looks like a hospital or something. I also decided that we should put up a chair rail in the dining room and paint the off-white color above it then a blue color below it. I think the room is big enough to handle some color and then that won't look 'hospital-ish' either.


I'm TIRED now!!!! Time to relax for a little. But I'm happy because I accomplished something. I love getting things accomplished. :) :) :)

No comments: