Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

I have another yummy recipe to share. I got the idea for this out of the quick cooking magazine. I altered some things in it...I'll write both what they had and what I did. Here it is:
Eggs in Muffin Cups
(I called them Egg Muffins)
12 thin slices deli roast beef (I used ham because I didn't think roast beef and eggs sounded good together)
6 slices processed American cheese, quartered (I used little chunks of cheddar cheese because thats what we had)
12 eggs (I used five eggs because I only made 6 muffins and it didn't take six eggs to fill all the cups)
Press one slice of meat into bottom and up the sides of each greased muffin cup, forming a shell (I used two slices of ham for each cup, otherwise it would not have covered the whole cup). Arrange two cheese pieces in each shell. Break one egg into each cup (I scrambled my eggs all together first then poured them into the cups because I like scrambled eggs best). Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
Here is what they looked like:

They were very yummy. The ham juice made the eggs taste really good and the cheese ended up in the middle of the eggs, which was neat.
And they were really cute too:


Jake really liked them too. He put mayo on some homemade bread and put his little egg muffins on the bread to eat them. I am going to try them again and use bacon also. Its a really easy thing to make and is good for supper as well as breakfast. :) :)

1 comment:

beth elaine said...

what a great idea! i'm excited to try this!