We're home!
We got home Saturday around 3:00. We had a wonderful time with family and friends and Grammy and Grandbuddy took great care of us but it is still good to be home. It felt good to walk in the door here, at HOME again. :)
I think my fears of Lydia not enjoying my company are coming true today. She is grumpy unless I am entertaining her. I guess I'm going to have to let her fuss and cry until she learns that Grammy or Daddy or Grandbuddy aren't going to come rescue her. She is so pathetic. Her sad little face looks up and she holds her arms up to me. Poor baby girl. What a way to spend your half-birthday! She is six months old today!!!!! She has entered the "I only want Mommy" phase now too. She will stop crying if I hold her almost without fail...even if she is crying for Jake. She did this a few times yesterday afternoon. It makes Jake sad. I understand why it would make him sad, it is like she doesn't want him or like him. But I told him she does love him and she'll get over it. I have to admit though it did make me feel good yesterday morning. I was getting ready for church and Jake was playing with Lydia in the living room. She wasn't crying or anything but when I walked in the room and she saw me she got a really excited look on her face and said "ooh, ooh, ooh" and held her arms out to me.
Jake and I were in nursery last night at church. We just had Lydia and one other girl. The other girl is about a year and a half old but she was fussing EXACTLY the same way Lydia does...I mean, the sounds were almost identical. This was a bit discouraging....how long will Lydia act like this??? years!!?? uuuuuugh! I guess the difference was the older girl was only doing it for attention because she woudl stop and look at us every now and then. After I figured out she was just testing us I stopped trying to make her happy. After that she was happy and played. So, maybe Lydia won't act like that...I hope not!
I guess all of that made it sound like poor little Lydie isn't much fun. But she is! Six months is a wonderful age! She is starting to interact and play and I can see her trying to figure things out and learn new things. Its so much fun! And she smiles and laughs and 'talks' to me. I just love her! :)
So, anyway...I finally got the pictures from our trip off the camera. Here are a few of my favorites:
The rest of them (like 130 of them) are on my facebook page. You can look at them here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=78879&l=96e82&id=511407728
here:
and here:





No comments:
Post a Comment