Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Well, we decided to stay here until Saturday now. The weather is supposed to be really windy tomorrow and snowy on Friday. The best traveling day looks like Saturday. We took a vote and everyone voted for Saturday.
Jake and I took my parents out for lunch today to celebrate their anniversary. Tomorrow they will be married 39 years!!! They wanted Chinese for their anniversary lunch. It was yummy. Not sure how much Jake enjoyed it but everyone else did. ;0) No, I think he liked most of it. Just not the rice. :)
I can not believe how much Lydia has grown and changed since we've been here. I was looking at the pictures of her from when we had Christmas with Jake's parents. She was just starting to sit on her own then. Now she is completely independent sitting on her own and she reaches out to get things and doesn't even fall over. She is starting to roll over to get toys too. She is also really 'talking' now. She hasn't SAID anything yet but she is so cute jabbering about stuff.
Yesterday I went through boxes of stuff from when I was a kid so Dad knows what he can throw out and what I want to keep. I found a diary I kept when I was in 7th grade. I don't remember any of the stuff I wrote about. I never remember being the typical 'boy crazy' girl but I wrote a lot about boys. odd. And at the end of every entry I wrote "oh well". I didn't matter if I had a good day or a bad day...I always wrote "oh well". It was the summer we got my dog, Freckles. I was happy about that. I hope Lydia doesn't look at life the way I did in 7th grade...but I guess every teenage or pre-teen girl has some emotional ups and downs. I hope Lydia always knows she can talk to me about stuff she is going through. I suppose I have a few years before I have to worry about those things though.
Well, I had most of our stuff packed this morning to leave tomorrow so now I have to un-pack a few things and finish doing our laundry.
Jake wants to play games more too before we head to church tonight. :) :)

No comments: