Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 8, 2008

We had a good weekend. Making the house livable again made me very happy. Then we had a great time with our company on Saturday evening. We had four people from church over for pizza and games. One couple that we've known for a while then a young couple that we didn't know at all. We had a good time getting to know each other and lots of fun with our games. Lydia was so funny...she was sitting on the table in front of me while we were playing Mad Gab. When we all laughed about something she would look around then laugh too. It was so funny. She really like Leah, she laughed at her a lot. She didn't really like Mike at first...every time he looked at her and said something to her she'd stick her lip out. It was funny but by the end of the evening she was used to him.
I think her teeth are hurting her or something right now. She keeps holding her head and fussing. I wish she could talk and tell me what was wrong so I could help her. :(
Yesterday was a good day too. We had Mark and Michelle (and Lauren and Monica and Andrew) take our family's picture in front of the Christmas tree at church. We had to try once before church in the morning then again after church in the evening but finally got get a pretty good one. We also got a good one of Lydia in the afternoon. I can't post them though because they are going to be Christmas gifts for some people. ;) :) I will say that Lydia was wearing an adorable red dress. Shirley stopped in on Saturday with a bag of clothes she had gotten for Lydia. One of the things was this really cute dress. I was so happy. It was perfect for our Christmas pictures. I had a black and red dress that she was going to wear. I like it, and she is going to wear it to church on Christmas, but it wasn't just right for our pictures. Then Shirley shows up without knowing that I wanted a red dress for Lydia with one!!! So, anyway, that was exciting. :)
Sunday in church we had a little dedication service for Lydia. I'm not sure why they call it dedication of the kid because it is actually dedication of the parents. Jake and I dedicated ourselves to raising Lydia the way God wants us to before she was even born but we wanted to publicly let others know that is our desire. One reason would be so that the rest of the church can stand behind us and also so that they can hold us accountable in our endeavor to teach and train Lydia for the Lord. So Pastor had us come to the front and he said a few words about our family then prayed for us...for wisdom in raising our family, to never stray from God's Word. It is sobering to think of the huge task it is to raise a child. We are responsible for everything Lydia learns and for training her to make right choices and basically for how her life turns out. I am so glad that we don't have to do it on our own; we have God and the Bible to show us the way. I am glad that our kid did come with an "owner's manual". :)
This morning I got almost all of our Christmas cards done....just over 50 of them. For thinking we don't know many people that sure is a lot of cards. lol :) :) I didn't buy any new cards this year, just used up the ones I had left over from years past. That helped to empty out my card drawer!! :) :) Other than that I am taking it easy today. It is FREEZING outside...its been right at zero since I got up this morning. Later this evening Lydia and I are going to meet Katie to watch a basketball game in Woodsville. I don't care at all about the game (I don't think Katie does either, she has to watch it for a class she is taking), but am looking forward to spending some time with her again.
Just over one week and we head to PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whooohoooooo!

No comments: