Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Only six and a half more weeks till Baby is due! I told Jake yesterday that I might ask at my next prenatal visit what the earliest date they could do a c-section is....I want to get Baby out and see her!!! But, then again, having her inside makes it a whole lot easier to take care of her. I've been thinking some about labor. I'm not particularly worried about it but Jake is. He thinks I'm going to yell at him or hit him or bite him or something...not sure why exactly but I'm pretty sure I won't do any of those things. I think it is interesting that I have a kid but have never experienced labor or even the pain of a contraction. Although I was contracting when we went to the hospital to have Lydia I never did feel any of them. So I'm relying on my experience with having a kidney stone as my assurance that I can handle some pain. We shall see. :) I wonder if Baby will come early like Lydia did. Somehow I doubt she will. I'm guessing she will be pretty close to her due date but really there is no way at all to know for sure. We'll just have to wait and see about that too. :) A lot of waiting and seeing going on around here. :)
So,the sledding party went well on Saturday. Everyone had a lot of fun. Monica and I stayed here and played with Grace, which was fun too. Lydia ended up sleeping through the whole thing. She finally woke up in time to see the Elliotts for a few minutes and play with Lauren a little. She was so cute playing with Lauren like a big girl. They colored together and played in the play room while the rest of us played Rummikub in the kitchen. We could hear them talking to each other while they played. Even though Lauren probably couldn't understand most of what Lydia said it was still so very cute to hear my little girl playing with another kid.
On Sunday we got a big bag full of hand-me-down toys. There are a bunch of Little People and Little People animals. Lydia is LOVING them! She likes to set them up on the window sill so they can look out the window. :) I love how her play is becoming more interesting and thought-through now. I have had so much fun watching her grow and mature over the last 19 months. It is just amazing how much they learn in a relatively short time! I'm looking forward to continuing to watch her grow and learn over the years. :) :) I am especially looking forward to seeing how she interacts with her new little sister. I think she is going to love her (mostly). This morning after breakfast she lifted my shirt and patted my belly and said "baby, hi baby" then waved and said "bye" and put my shirt back down. :) :)
I sure do love being a Mommy. :)
On Monday evening Jake and I got to go to the church Valentine's Banquet. Monica stayed here with Lydia and put her to bed. It was really nice to get out and enjoy some adult company and good food for a few hours. I even won a stuffed dog! (well, I actually on a bear but Kim traded me the dog). :)
I guess that is all I have to say for today. :) Happy Wednesday!

No comments: