Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today was fairly eventful! Certainly worth a blog post at any rate. I have to start with yesterday though. I had my 35 week checkup for Baby yesterday afternoon. I told the doctor that she had not been moving as much last week and I was a bit concerned about her there for a few days but she did start wiggling again so I thought all was well. When the doctor measured me she said I was measuring a little small for how far along I am and she thought that was strange since I had been consistently on target up until now. So that along with the lack of movement was enough for her to send us for another ultrasound- just to make sure Baby was growing ok. I didn't argue!! :) :) :)
So this morning around 8 Lydia and Jake and I got to see Baby Anna. The most exciting thing was to see that she definitely IS Anna. :) :) It is funny because even though we saw very very clearly that she is a girl I still have this twinge of doubt in the back of my mind about it. I just don't trust ultrasounds I guess. ;) This ultrasound was the best one we've had I think, or maybe I was just paying better attention or something. The ultrasound tech was very nice (I think she was the same one who did Anna's first one) and she explained lots of what we were looking at. One thing that I thought was really neat was that we could see Anna's diaphragm going up and down as she practiced breathing. We could see her lungs, but only as white spots- no detail or indication of how developed they might be at this point. We also saw her blinking her eyes and making her mouth open and close. It is so cool to see a little person in there, moving and functioning all by herself. :) Another thing of note that we saw was that the umbilical cord is nicely placed up top by Anna's behind, so it's out of the way for delivery.
We got two pictures this time.
This one is her foot with her little toes spread apart. At first the tech thought she just had a gap between her toes but then Anna relaxed (after the picture) and her toes went together. I think it's neat because when Lydia was first born she always had her toes spread apart too.

She had her little hand over one eye so we couldn't see her whole face but I don't think she looked like Lydia in the ultrasound picture we have of her from around this point in pregnancy. (and I'm not sure why that sentence underlined itself in blue.....) But here his her face- her right eye at the top and her chin to the left....

So, with confirmation that she indeed is Anna I felt the need to wash up our little girl clothes. It took two loads! Here it all is on the sofa ready to go in her dresser drawers (this is sizes newborn through 6 months). I was not sure I could fit it all in her dresser!!
But it all fit minus the pile of things that I'm going to hang up....if I can find a place in Lydia's closet! I don't know how these two girls are going to share a room and closet when they are teens if they still have this much clothing!!! ;) Anna's dresser is a lot smaller than Lydia's so I do think we're going to need another dresser for her at some point.
Fortunately Jake was home all day and occupied Lydia while I organized the clothing, otherwise I probably would have had to fold most of it twice. :) They played together and read books. Here they are looking at pictures of Lydia from when she was first born:
The second excitement of today is snow. We're getting quite a bit of it, probably almost a foot out there and it's still coming down. It is a heavy, wet snow. I decided it was the prefect opportunity for Lydia to make her first snowman!

She did a great job!!!:
Ok, so she had help from Me and Jake, mostly Jake:

But I think it is one fine snowman:

I pulled Lydia around the block on her sled and when we got back to the yard she saw the snowman and said "HI!" to him. ;)
We had to come in then because we were getting pretty wet from the snow. Jake was (and still is) working on clearing the driveway. Lydia wanted to watch 'Dada' so she stood on the chair in the mudroom for a while looking out the window. Every time Jake came back close to the window she said "HI Dada!" and when he moved away she said "byeeeee!". In between I think she was licking the window. ;)

I can't believe how close we are to Anna being here. Everything is all ready for her- except for putting her car seat base in the van, but that is in the mudroom ready to go too. Only four and a half more weeks...give or take. :) :) After seeing her today I'm more excited to meet her in person! :) :)

2 comments:

Mom2Five said...

Congrats on Anna! How sweet it will be to have two girls first. I know how great that is! :)
I love that your snowman is as tall as Jake! :)
Looking forward to catching up on your blog again!
You;ll have to investigate to see who I am!

CloughClan said...

I'm not sure how to investigate but I'm pretty sure I know.... :)