I had to go get a cone for Peanut yesterday afternoon. She wouldn't leave her foot alone so I called the vet and they said if she kept licking the infected spot it wouldn't heal even with the medicine. I try to not make her wear it as much as possible, as long as I'm watching her and can tell her to stop licking. She doesn't like it. It is funny though, she runs into things with it and looks so sad. Next time she has to have it on I'll try to remember to get a picture. :)
I didn't have anything planned to do today but so far its been great. I spent almost three hours this morning cutting out flannel graph figures. It didn't look like I even put a dent in the pile of things still to be cut out, but the pile of characters and things I got done was pretty big too. :) Then I decided to go for a walk and it "just so happened" that one of my neighbors, Betty, was walking up to the corner at the exact time I was!! God knew that we both needed someone to walk with today. :) She used to go to church where we go so I know her from there. I think her husband was a pastor when he was alive and her son is a pastor now somewhere over towards Laconia I think. Anyway, we went to the post office to get her mail then walked out to the pond and back, probably four miles all together. It is so much easier to keep up a good pace when you have someone to talk to. Peanut got kinda tired towards the end, I wonder if her infection has made her a little tired. I did notice she isn't eating as much as usual. But we all had a wonderful time and are planning on doing it again! Betty is having trouble with her lawn tractor too so I told her Jake and I would come over tomorrow morning to have a look at it. She also is cleaning out her closets and has clothes that Jake can take to recycling for her. So, not only did I find someone to walk with during the day but someone we can be of help to. She spends most of the year away, staying with family different places, but she is going to be here all summer. :)
So now I only have a few more hours until Jake gets home. I really should get a nap in because I haven't been able to sleep well at all lately since my back has been really hurting. But I want to plant some beans in the garden and also have a few more things to go over to prepare for Master Club tonight. :) I guess being home all day isn't too bad. :)
Tomorrow afternoon is Jake's graduation. I have to remember to take my camera! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment