Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We had a checkup on Baby and me yesterday. Everything is still normal I guess. We measured 31 weeks, but are actually 32 1/2 weeks. That is better than measuring a week ahead like we had been for a while. I'm not sure how accurate those measurements are or if they really mean anything but it makes me feel better to think Baby will be normal sized. :) Baby's heart rate was only 120, which is ok but on the slow side. This is the second appt that it has been on the slow side...maybe it really is a boy! :) :) The only other thing we looked at was trying to figure how Baby is positioned. The doctor agreed with my theory that Baby's head is up at the very top in the middle and her feet are down towards my left side. This is ok for now but in another four weeks she better get her little head pointed down! The doctor said if she's not head-down by 36 weeks we'll have to do some things to try to turn her so she can be delivered normally. Hopefully she'll just cooperate and turn herself around. I don't blame her for wanting to be head-up though. Who would want to go around hanging upside down all the time? :)
Today was my very last day of work. I only had three calls and, oddly, they were all jersey herds. It seems appropirate to finish by breeding only Jerseys since I love jerseys best of all cow breeds. It was an exciting last day of work. I went out to leave and my Jeep wouldn't start. I went over to the farm and borrowed Jake's parent's Jeep to use. I'm glad they were willing to let me use it or I would have really been stuck. Jake would have had to drive home from work to give me his truck. When I got back from my calls I tried my Jeep and it started right up. Silly thing! It has done this before though and I've heard from others that Jeeps sometimes do this. Hopefully it doesn't do it when someone comes to buy it!! I put an ad in the paper for it today. So, I am officially done work now. I'm mostly sad about it being my last day...the end of an era...but I also feel glad that I don't have to worry about it now that I'm getting so fat and such. I'll be glad when Baby gets here to take up my free time, then I won't have to worry about being bored or lazy. :) :)

1 comment:

cara said...

Congrats on being done with work. You should probably relish your free time. I hear babies are a lot of work. ;-)