Last night I noticed that it was still a tiny bit light outside at 8:30. Spring is here and summer is coming!! :) yay.
Yesterday we had a checkup for Baby and me. Everything was normal. Baby's heart rate was only l30, which is fine, but more along the lines of a baby boy than a baby girl. All the other times we did the heart rate she was awake and active so it was higher. Yesterday she was sleeping at the doctors so that would be a better indication of her normal rate. So I'm still not convinced that Baby is a girl. I asked about getting another ultrasound. The doctor didn't think it was too likely, but thought maybe we could a little later on. I hope it works out. :)
After our appt I went with Jake and his class to a farm in Greensboro that makes their milk into cheese. They also just built a multi-million dollar facility to store and age cheese. They want to encourage other small farms to get into making cheese out of their milk instead of selling the milk commercially. They said basically it would be like buying an expensive new tractor then the next day making three times the amount for your milk. To me it seems like a worth-while endeavor, but you'd have to have the know-how to get it going and the dedication to keep up with it. They have to make cheese every day because they always have milk coming from the cows. It was really interesting, I'm glad I went. Part of me never wants to eat cheese again though after walking through the aging vaults. I knew that cheese and mold had something to do with each other, but I didn't realize how disgusting cheese was when it was aging. The smell was horrible and there were all green and blue and white and brown fuzzies everywhere. lol
On our way home from the 'field trip' Jake said that he was feeling a little sad about being done school, just like I'm feeling a little sad about getting done work. I started thinking about all the changes we have and are going through in this last year. In July last year we got married- a huge change! Now we are both making big transitions with regards to work AND we are having a baby. I don't think there will be another year in our life that we will experience so many changes all at once. I guess we just wanted to see how strong of a marriage we could have by enduring lots of things all at once. :) I do think we both feel some added stress in our relationship, but overall I think our first year of marriage is going well. We are certainly getting to know each other better and learning some of the gives and takes of marriage. It has been fun and eye-opening. I don't think I would have changed anything...yet...we aren't through the first year yet. :) I am ready, though, to settle down into a routine and enjoy family life. :) One thing I am really glad for is our relationship with Jesus through everything. I can't imagine, and don't want to, how things would be if we didn't have our individual lives and our life together centered around HIM.
Happy half-way-through-the-week day!!! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment